Driver details from a reg

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
Looking for the details of a car from the registration, can anyone help?

PM me.

Ghost

RMS Regular
Like make and model?

Theres an app on play store. My vehicle check. Gives u tax, mot etc

leek9

RMS Regular
OP
leek9
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
No. looking for the owners details.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Didn't the whole gdpr do away with all that?

leek9

RMS Regular
OP
leek9
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
I dont think it was ever easy to get the details but it doesnt stop the DVLA from selling your details to private companies to issue things like parking and toll road fines.

leek9

RMS Regular
OP
leek9
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
trial by facebook then so....

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
If you can demonstrate a legal need for the personal data then it can be provided under an exemption of the DPA2018. This would usually be in the form of a solicitors letter of police request.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Didn't the whole gdpr do away with all that?

Not really, DVLA still sell peoples details to dodgy car parks, clampers and the likes.

There was always a V888 you could fill in to request details for a small fee, but it seems they never really offered details to any honest or legitimate applicants
Not sure if that still exists.

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
something people don’t know is that Facebook actually “reads” numberplates in photos. So if you search for the plate it might return images and link you back to the owner. Only really likely if it’s something modified etc that would be posted on Facebook.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
I once Google searched a registration and found the name of the owner as the reg was also his Facebook ID. From his ranting posts giving off to the PSNI I could tell which ghetto he was from, and from a quick look at the electoral register found his address. He also had a Facebook page for his ****ty business too and from that I got his mobile number. I had grand plans for a number of elaborate windups but never bothered in the end.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Not really, DVLA still sell peoples details to dodgy car parks, clampers and the likes.

There was always a V888 you could fill in to request details for a small fee, but it seems they never really offered details to any honest or legitimate applicants
Not sure if that still exists.
I would imagine they get round it now with the legal need thing but then there is probably small print in the V5C somewhere stating your details may be passed to third parties.

soccersmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
F32+RSV1000
I once Google searched a registration and found the name of the owner as the reg was also his Facebook ID. From his ranting posts giving off to the PSNI I could tell which ghetto he was from, and from a quick look at the electoral register found his address. He also had a Facebook page for his ****ty business too and from that I got his mobile number. I had grand plans for a number of elaborate windups but never bothered in the end.
Ah jeasus.
I was hoping to see the end product of this on page 2.

Go on
Go on
Go on