Driveway lighting - washing your car at night

SH4U11

RMS Regular
Drives
AudiA6
So now as it 5:45 and dark already. My chances of getting the motor washed are now slim to none. Thinking of installing some sort of ground lights at front, rear and either side controlled by a switch.

I live in an estate with the neighbours drive beside mine.

Has anyone anything installed like this? Or how do yous get some light when washing in the winter.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Would the likes of a waterproof tripod not suit? Easily moved/removed and easy run too...

59F8497E-7E60-4096-B0FF-A7B84A50BF1C.png

SH4U11

RMS Regular
OP
SH4U11
Drives
AudiA6
Yeah these are my plan B @Nicky It's just the hassle of dragging out the washer, then the lights for a quick wash. I'm not lazy. Just prefer it to be handy.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I got to cheap led think ones 50w others 10 and a 10m roll or wire and just fire them about where ever. No more hassle as I've to take the power washer and all out.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Anyone who hasn’t used a proper LEDLenser head torch (available from our own @lightning ) to wash their car at night isn’t really a car guy, lol

I’ve used tripods etc like @Nicky suggests but it’s really hard to look past a head torch

SH4U11

RMS Regular
OP
SH4U11
Drives
AudiA6
You know what I never even thought of a head torch. Cheers @Coog. @Big Pimp have a few LEDlenser lights here from work. They're brilliant. Must see about the head torch.

Ghost

RMS Regular
I installed to HUGE floodlights above garave door, controlled by a switch insidr garage. Literally lights the street up.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Karscher do a light you can fit to the washer lance. Or I suppose you could attach a LED Lenser with a rifle mount. That would be cool.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I have solar lights along my fence but obviously no good for the opposite side of the car - something I would like to look into as well

Used a head torch in the past but got a lot of general banter over it lol

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
My neighbours probably think I’m nuts as it is with the amount of car washing that goes on added with the amount of car washing gear, if I start cleaning it in the dark that will definitely seal it for them.

e320mark

RMS Regular
The neighbours where we used to live talked about me and my car washing, you should have seen their faces when their daughter told everyone at a new year type party thing, was priceless! Glad we moved, one of them was a complete muppet!

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Tbf my lights I use are brighter than the street lighting 😂

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
I've 4 x LAP 20W LED at 4 corners on one switch surrounding where I wash the car for such occasions. Screwfix job.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I bought these on Amazon and they are great. Had them in last house to and the light output and spread is unreal.

100W Cool White SMD LED Floods PIR Sensor Motion Garden lighting Lamp 220V, 6000K-6500K, waterproof safety light with PIR (50W) Amazon product ASIN B01MDPLC6M
Here is outside now.
747B89E0-58D9-4BCF-BD17-015356CDEC3F.jpeg
26D164D7-E670-469A-B896-DA7D85440677.jpeg
BD038BC0-8CBB-48C3-8DC7-37677A98D942.jpeg

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
My neighbours probably think I’m nuts as it is with the amount of car washing that goes on added with the amount of car washing gear, if I start cleaning it in the dark that will definitely seal it for them.
I remember the time we polished one of your cars at night before a car show and it looked like Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles did it.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Not once have I gone to wash to car and wondered what the neighbours might think

This. So much this.
I've seen me with the lawnmower out in December in the dark clearing up the leaves from the drive. Until someone pays my bills they can jump 😂

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I want to get back to having a car I would want to wash. I'm planning on having a couple of decent led lights mounted on the soffit of the garage extension as security/emergency wash lights. Want them as low key as possible though as my neighbour who is an electrician seems to be determined to be able to pick out his house on the ISS live feed ffs.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
I want to get back to having a car I would want to wash. I'm planning on having a couple of decent led lights mounted on the soffit of the garage extension as security/emergency wash lights. Want them as low key as possible though as my neighbour who is an electrician seems to be determined to be able to pick out his house on the ISS live feed ffs.
Is Danny DeVito your neighbour?
Screenshot_20201026_232644.jpg