Driving standards

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

alpha-dog

RMS Regular
I seen car with a sign where the passenger sun visor would be and it was flashing blue and I think it said urgent.

when he flashed at cnuts they moved. why the **** do cnuts not move when I flash them ?

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
LOL, Love this thread. I moved house a few years ago (near Larne) and I have never in my life witnessed the standard of driving around this area.
I'm convinced the majority of the drivers have bought their driving licence. On a daily basis I could have a claim at the Highways roundabout and Millbrook roundabout as no-one appears to give way to traffic from the right and just sail on out, even when you have your indicator on. Road markings mean absoloutley nothing, to the point where they had to close a junction accross the A8 carriageway from the train station as many thought they had the right of way, travelling from the harbour direction towards belfast and turning right down towards the train station roundabout, I had many a "word" with people at this junction. Similarly, an abundance or drivers think its acceptable to sit in the outside (far left lane) of a roundabout and carry on until their exit whether its the first second or third. :mad:
I give up now and keep away from the idiots, I saw a 7 series ignore 10 signs AND 8 labelled arrows on th roads between the Highways and KFC to get in the correct lane to go to the harbour, swerved out across chevrons near took out cars on his way!

Uncle Buck

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus
I feel your pain, I usually do two runs a day from Millbrook into the town and come close to being wiped out on a daily basis through no fault of my own, first up the Millbrook roundabout, people don't indicate at it, same at the highways then the most risky part of my journey is the pound street junction, people pull straight out in front of you all the time, like they think they have the right of way, last up is the circular road roundabout, no one ever seems to be in the correct lane or uses their indicators.
It's the folk heading to Larne who don't try to stop even though you've indicated to go into Millbrook from Larne then look at you funny like you've done something bizarre like indicate where you're going!!

Dan.86

RMS Regular
The standard of motorway driving is better in England, however the over confidence of a lot of them is unbelievable.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Filter like a zip where a dual carriageway becomes one lane (eg Northway , Portadown, Northbound) doesn't work because of the NI psyche either. About 70% take the left lane and are convinced because they are 'doing the right thing' and getting in lane early the don't need to let anyone in come the merge. The other 30% take the right hand lane but they aren't content with passing a few vehicles, they will keep passing right up to the merge , making it contentious, hence confirming what those in the left lane were thinking all along....

I remember a guy going ballistic on the way to Portrush one year on the day of the airshow.

I went right up the the merge in turn and he looked over at me and shook his head at me, challenge accepted.

I crept in a few inches at a time, and instead of letting me he inched on to the hard shoulder and then stayed along side me screaming his head off whilst I enjoyed radio 2.

His panic set in went he realised the hard shoulder ends in about 30 metres lol.

Needless to say he didn't get in front of me.

I always zipper merge, I hate the "You're bunking the queue" crowd

Go read the highway code! :grinning:

Ps laughing at and applauding people tends to wind them up. :grinning:

Ant

RMS Regular
Only time it annoys me is sydnome going city bound, when it's clear there's a massive queue and people will duck out of lane already merged to go down the tiny bit of merge lane to get a couple cars ahead in the already massive traffic, I never let them in.

Maybe i used to when i had the Suzuki or the Hyundai but obviously now i have a different badge and being courteous is all a blur :laughing:

Adam

RMS Regular
OP
Adam
Another f***wit last night. Sat in the outside lane the whole way up the M1 in a Fiat 500 at 80mph. Yet again a young girl with R plates. Something is badly wrong with the driving instructors here if they aren't making it clear to these idiots how to actually drive.

DriftnSlide

Banned
Drives
S60 D5 SE
I see it everyday from Highways roundabout to Millbrook roundabout. They sit at 50mph (barely) in the outside lane the whole way, forcing you to undertake because they think they are supposed to do that as they're turning right at the roundabout. I feel like ramminmg them ! :mad: Its called an overtaking lane for a reason !!! :mad:
They do the same thing travelling in the opposite direction aswell.8o|

alpha-dog

RMS Regular
I see it everyday from Highways roundabout to Millbrook roundabout. They sit at 50mph (barely) in the outside lane the whole way, forcing you to undertake because they think they are supposed to do that as they're turning right at the roundabout. I feel like ramminmg them ! :mad: Its called an overtaking lane for a reason !!! :mad:
They do the same thing travelling in the opposite direction aswell.8o|

I undertake dangerously. they don't like that

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Had it the other day in Belfast someone couldn't even follow the lines on the road and started to merge - then her and the passenger started giving me grief. I just pointed to the road markings but they both didn't get it.. I thought I was maybe in the wrong even though I've driven the same road about 50-60 times so I checked when I got home on Google maps and I was indeed right. She should have stayed in the lane she was in or else indicated either way she was completely wrong.

Also driving over in England last Friday-Sunday I didn't once get road rage. Sure people cut in - in front of you but once they do it they dont ram the brake pedal through the floor. Traffic even during congestion was flowing so much better than the M2.

Shock horror I even saw people move out to let traffic on the motorway then pull back in to the lane they where originally in once traffic split a bit. No one got annoyed. Traffic flowed very nice. Sure they drive bloody close but the traffic flows very well.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Its the driving really close that puts my head away. cut in front of you in a 1 cars gap then slow their speed to avoid ramming into the rear of the front driver. This is in heavy M25 even after I leave a huge gap to the car in front initially, it disappears fast

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.