Dropping door

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dermot

Woren Door Pins ? Dunno if they Can be Adjusted ... But if Not a new set of Door pins should fix it... They Shouldnt be dear either.

Gambit

RMS Regular
its the actual hinge which bends slightly over the years due to the wait of the door.

stick a wheel stud (not the head, just the threaded part) or similar in the bottom hinge and gently pull the door closed, this will lift the door slightly - then take the stud out and see if the door is aligned

if it needs lifted more, then put the wheel stud in again and pull it a bit harder

eventually it will come back into line

if you do over-correct it then do the above but with the stud in the top hinge instead, this lowers the door.

and it wont cause any problems with pushing the door outwards or anything like that.

vibe_kid

RMS Regular
OP
vibe_kid
Drives
Deng Deng Deng
ill try that 2day and see how it goes.... jus wer abouts in the hinge do i ram my fingers.. i mean nut :p cos they are quite basic lookin and i cant really think of where

Gambit

RMS Regular
if you think of looking down on the hinge, its like this /\

sit in the seat and hold the stud head and put the threaded part into the hinge like so /*\ then pull the door closed using the handle on the inside of the door.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.