DSG Service

Batty87

RMS Member
Drives
Mk5 Golf GTi
Time for the Mk5 Golf GTI's second DSG service. Service book shows Hollybrook had it for the first one. Looking advice / recommendations on Where's best for a DSG service and expected cost. Cheers

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Crawford Clarke Cars, Belfast.

Drop me a message if we are handy for you and I can book you in 😃

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Time for the Mk5 Golf GTI's second DSG service. Service book shows Hollybrook had it for the first one. Looking advice / recommendations on Where's best for a DSG service and expected cost. Cheers

If you’re keen to keep a recorded history I think VW still charge £180 for a DSG service.

I just prefer going to a local mechanic with a good reputation these days. Also, 4.8 litres fills the DSG boxes up so make sure if it’s a non VW mechanic they don’t over charge for too much oil

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
My S3 needs a DSG service in 2000 miles time and the cars still in warranty so I'm hoping Audi don't charge any more than VW.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
My S3 needs a DSG service in 2000 miles time and the cars still in warranty so I'm hoping Audi don't charge any more than VW.

£225 fixed price at Audi

D7B50C37-5435-45E9-ACC3-EE4CF2CE563C.png

Ghost

RMS Regular
How do u know when a DSG needs serviced???

I thought my 2015 Cupra never needed a service as it was a closed box or something??

Robber

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiats mainly
Did my at Phillips VW last month. £195. Asked my local/usual for a price first, but he never got back to me.

Batty87

RMS Member
OP
Batty87
Drives
Mk5 Golf GTi
Crawford Clarke Cars, Belfast.

Drop me a message if we are handy for you and I can book you in 😃
I'll look into that cheers @Eddie_
Mines just gone 80k and wanting to keep it stamped by a reputable Mechanic who knows his way around a DSG box. Crawford Clarke or VW I suppose if its done right I'm not fussy

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Also as a rule, main dealer won’t change the filter whereas a good independent will.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Also as a rule, main dealer won’t change the filter whereas a good independent will.

You're getting this confused @Lyons , the main dealer will not remove the pump to clean the gauze on the mqb stuff, as they say it's not necessary. All older models have a serviceable filter whereas newer models don't have. I do 2-3 of these a week that are still under warranty.