Dubshed 6&7th April Eikon Centre

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Even better show than normal this year i thought. The level of quality stuff indoors was excellent :grinning:

Chris' tii was beaut as was @scotty733 mk1 Golf :heart_eyes: or the grey RB5. Sooooo many but i was especially taken by the deep purple mk3 Polo with S3 engine, it was fantastic and im sure mental to drive.

View attachment 230897View attachment 230898

Nice to see Anachem stand looking busy and sounding like it sold products well. Good seeing faces like Ross, @Bono872 and meeting @jonny_w (y)

That polo had an insane amount of work put in, in subtle touches. Insane.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
@Jas Lad its very very low mileage. Its owned by the guy who owns the red e30 M3 that was there last year. PIB plates on his cars.
Think he owned Lisburn car care centre back in the day

If it's who I think it is, it's the guy that owns the car care centre building (and rest of the business park).

Great show as usual, about the only modified car show in NI that I actively make an effort to go to. Great to get talking to a fair few I haven't seen in a while and meet new people too. Chuffed to be coming home with a top 25 indoor trophy too.

Cars of the show for me were either the big Merc on southern plates or the black MK2 golf running a turbod vr6.

B6GUE

RMS Regular
Drives
MK1 FRS
F488F6C5-DEC0-4D1D-B819-646FDB23285E.jpeg
96619A3A-AE77-4313-8C88-7FB0B264266A.jpeg

Only pics I got today, It’s the 1st time Ive been to Dubshed and honestly thought it was very good and enjoyed it 👏

Spotted a few members cars there, Well done all 👌

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Enjoyed it as I do every year. Not getting involved in the politics, it was a good show.

My phone didn't play ball for one reason or another and I didn't get half the pics I wanted, so a bit gutted. But I enjoyed the day none the less.

This thing was pretty cool though.

IMG_20190407_195814_847.jpg

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Enjoyed it as I do every year. Not getting involved in the politics, it was a good show.

My phone didn't play ball for one reason or another and I didn't get half the pics I wanted, so a bit gutted. But I enjoyed the day none the less.

This thing was pretty cool though.

View attachment 230945

That one was 'only' 500bhp. The yellow one just down from it was 700bhp 4 wheel drive!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Funny how tastes change. Usually the older stuff completely bores me at these sort of shows, however I'm not sure what has happened this year with me but looking at the photos 90% of the modern stuff is terrible. I've been to Dubshed once and whilst it is a fantastic show and well organised (and still looks to be), I just have zero interest in this sort of thing any more personally. Cars and Coffee events and even an RMS member meet would be more appealing.

Aside from a few of the members cars (cauld1 and Chris Tii etc), the few that stood out from the photos for me are;

IMG_9042.jpg

IMG_9049.jpg

IMG_9070.jpg

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Funny how tastes change. Usually the older stuff completely bores me at these sort of shows, however I'm not sure what has happened this year with me but looking at the photos 90% of the modern stuff is terrible. I've been to Dubshed once and whilst it is a fantastic show and well organised (and still looks to be), I just have zero interest in this sort of thing any more personally. Cars and Coffee events and even an RMS member meet would be more appealing.

Aside from a few of the members cars (cauld1 and Chris Tii etc), the few that stood out from the photos for me are;

IMG_9042.jpg

Loved that Calypso mark 2 myself, would have been my favourite there, closely followed by the Blue mark 3 on OZ Polaris rims.

56oval

RMS Regular

There was literally something there for everyone.
If you didn't see something that tickled your fancy or went away unhappy, you really must be hating life.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Yeah thr car looked well Gemma. Although it was upstaged by the white E36 M3. Holy balls that thing was absolutely immaculate. I'm not a big E36 fan but that would have made me consider otherwise.

Oh does anyone know how much the old Mitsi Colt was going for? Said it was for sale but no details ^o)

View attachment 230903

I don’t know the price but I have a way for you to find the owner. He is selling a BMW 1502 on eBay at the minute.

He came up to me and was chatting about my car. Then he mentions that he has a few BMW 02’s, about 20 of them!! That’s my kind of hoarding!

r16vka

RMS Regular
OP
r16vka
Drives
Audi 80 V6
56oval said:
There was literally something there for everyone.
If you didn't see something that tickled your fancy or went away unhappy, you really must be hating life.

Well said, there was literally another giant hall filled with non vag stuff. Its impossible to please all the negative Norn Iron people. 600+ cars from all walks of life, and all over the uk, of course theres going to be something there that doesnt float your boat, but its that persons hard work so some credit should be given.

Oh and all those giving off about "paying to show my car" you didnt. You paid to get yourself into the show like everyone else. I imagine if they let everyone with a car into the show for free, there'd be boys hiding in boots to get in for free :joy:

It was a great turnout as always, the standard of some of the cars was mind boggling. Mk3 golf in front of my car (with the orange interior) was stunning, the polish lad that owns it took 6 years building it and it shows.
IMG_20190406_150535.jpg

IMG_20190407_164943.jpg

He was telling me he has his next project ready for paint - Mk2 with turbo R32, full 4motion, DSG. Looking forward to seeing that if the mk3 is his level of work!

Didnt take too many photos, mostly just my own car lol :yum Was nice having two days away from the wife, in a dry shed to be able to give it a good clean :laughing::laughing::laughing:
IMG_20190406_150514.jpg

IMG_20190406_113106.jpg

IMG_20190406_150451.jpg

IMG_20190406_150438.jpg

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I don’t know the price but I have a way for you to find the owner. He is selling a BMW 1502 on eBay at the minute.

He came up to me and was chatting about my car. Then he mentions that he has a few BMW 02’s, about 20 of them!! That’s my kind of hoarding!

I’m almost sure that e36 was for sale a while back. Can’t be too many left in that condition and original alpine white.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Well said, there was literally another giant hall filled with non vag stuff. Its impossible to please all the negative Norn Iron people. 600+ cars from all walks of life, and all over the uk, of course theres going to be something there that doesnt float your boat, but its that persons hard work so some credit should be given.

For the record I don’t mean to be 1 of these people that comes on every year giving off about the show. If anything I was giving off about myself, just because the cars aren’t to my taste doesn’t mean anyone else needs to care! I can appreciate the time and effort put into them. Something I’m extremely envious of as I can barely get time to change a set of wheels these days. 😔

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii

Oh and all those giving off about "paying to show my car" you didnt. You paid to get yourself into the show like everyone else. I imagine if they let everyone with a car into the show for free, there'd be boys hiding in boots to get in for free :joy:

It was a great turnout as always, the standard of some of the cars was mind boggling. Mk3 golf in front of my car (with the orange interior) was stunning, the polish lad that owns it took 6 years building it and it shows.
View attachment 230958

View attachment 230959

He was telling me he has his next project ready for paint - Mk2 with turbo R32, full 4motion, DSG. Looking forward to seeing that if the mk3 is his level of work!

Didnt take too many photos, mostly just my own car lol :yum Was nice having two days away from the wife, in a dry shed to be able to give it a good clean :laughing::laughing::laughing:
View attachment 230963

View attachment 230960

View attachment 230962

View attachment 230961

I wasn’t really giving off about paying to show my car. I don’t want people thinking I was moaning about it because I wasn’t. I just thought it was strange, especially because we got 5 free tickets for 3 days when we went to the Birmingham show. I just assumed all indoor shows where the same.
And surely if anyone wanted to sneak in my boot they could of whether I paid or not?

pablo

RMS Moderator
600 cars x £20 = a £12,000 hole to fill. so, yeah, that.

plus you get to look at 599 other cars, so that too :grinning:

r16vka

RMS Regular
OP
r16vka
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Sorry that wasnt supposed to be a dig at either of you! @Lyons @Chris tii :kissing_heart:

Pablo, chatting to some of the organisers, the costs to hire the two giant halls are insane. And if they want them next year they've to pay £50k up front. That's before you pay for insurance and all the other running costs, including @natogreen16v 's expenses! 😂

Gemma

RMS Regular
Good show again as usual. Walk about, get chatting to people you don't see all year round. Meet new people. Surrounded by our and other people's hobbies, their tastes, everyone appreciating the blood, sweat, tears, time and money that went into their car etc mixed in with copious amounts of coffee...... No other way I'd rather spend my weekend.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Even better show than normal this year i thought. The level of quality stuff indoors was excellent :grinning:

Chris' tii was beaut as was @scotty733 mk1 Golf :heart_eyes: or the grey RB5. Sooooo many but i was especially taken by the deep purple mk3 Polo with S3 engine, it was fantastic and im sure mental to drive.

View attachment 230897View attachment 230898

Nice to see Anachem stand looking busy and sounding like it sold products well. Good seeing faces like Ross, @Bono872 and meeting @jonny_w (y)
That polo had an insane amount of work put in, in subtle touches. Insane.
If it's who I think it is, it's the guy that owns the car care centre building (and rest of the business park).

Great show as usual, about the only modified car show in NI that I actively make an effort to go to. Great to get talking to a fair few I haven't seen in a while and meet new people too. Chuffed to be coming home with a top 25 indoor trophy too.

Cars of the show for me were either the big Merc on southern plates or the black MK2 golf running a turbod vr6.

The Polo won car of the show, rightly so.

Black mk2 won runner up, and sponsors car of the show, again rightly so. Both stunning.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Looks like another fantastic turnout for the GTINI guys, fair play to them.

Didnt get to go this year however :worried:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@r16vka I'm a hard man to run 😂

Here's the unglamorous side. After starting set up last Thursday we're back Monday morning on our hands and knees scraping up tape. That's actually my missus Lee in the photo lol
View attachment 230972
View attachment 230973

Connor

That couldn't possibly be the most cost effective method of laying out parking bays? Isn't there something you could lay down that peels up in one rather than breaking your back scraping it?

Looks to have been a good show must try and get to one of the next gtini shows!