Dubshed 6&7th April Eikon Centre

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
56734858_1519113178221936_3695065960814739456_n.jpg

Surprised theres no thread for this yet? 8-(

Set to be the biggest one yet, with the new additional building being used at the Eikon Centre to house all the non VAG indoor entries.

The pictures on social media of some builds heading to this suggests the bar is being rasied higher than ever!

No doubt this will turn into a ten page thread of tight misers complaining about having to pay such an extrorionate amount of money to walk around 'the same old stuff' 'a load of mid ulster specials'

For most of us its a chance to catch up with the great people that we only see at these things, take the time to enjoy the details of some of the cars on display. Ive an indoor slot this year again :yum so feel free to come say hello if you see me!

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I’ll be there inside with the 2002tii. Should be a good show. I think there’s going to be 20 cars at the NIBMW stand. So not all VAG stuff.

The price is the norm for these sized events on the mainland. Though I thought it was a wee bit cheeky to charge the owners of the cars indoors the same price? Surely the cars are what people are paying to see?
It was free to show the car at the NEC Birmingham Practical Classics show the other week, and we could get as many free tickets for friends and family, for all 3 days as we wanted.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I was never at Dubshed until last year and I was helping on the Anachem stand. My verdict was it was one of the best shows in the country and worth the entrance fee, over the 2 days I was still having a nosey that I didn’t see the previous day.

I am really looking forward to this year as there is going to be even more at it than last, along with the craic we have at the stand it’s a great weekend.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I'll be there both days. Have the bike on show so will be about for a bit on the Saturday afternoon and Sunday late afternoon.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Hopefully be there with the car, have pretty much got Friday to finish fitting the interior, cleaning it and making sure there's no gremlins.

Have absolutely no issue with the entrance fee as someone showing their car. The rest of the big shows of this type are the same. For Players Classic at Goodwood I think I paid 40 quid for my ticket, more than happy to pay it as it's a bloody good event.

Dubshed is head and shoulders above similar events in NI, and now that it's not just for German cars (inside anyway) it should have a bit more of something for everyone.

colin84

RMS Regular
I’ll be there inside with the 2002tii. Should be a good show. I think there’s going to be 20 cars at the NIBMW stand. So not all VAG stuff.

The price is the norm for these sized events on the mainland. Though I thought it was a wee bit cheeky to charge the owners of the cars indoors the same price? Surely the cars are what people are paying to see?
It was free to show the car at the NEC Birmingham Practical Classics show the other week, and we could get as many free tickets for friends and family, for all 3 days as we wanted.

I've never understood that process, paying to let people look at your car? The cars should be free since they are the attraction.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
You can’t take it away from them, they e worked hard for a number of years now and it is as good as shows in the country get imo. The fact it brings a few over from England for a jolly says a lot too

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Its strange @chris_b last year we had a reasonable turnout within the mini group (bmw gen) for the outside show on sunday but yet this year no interest whatsoever, I dont do shows so no idea what happened to make members not interested this year. Alway looked a great show and growing

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Its strange @chris_b last year we had a reasonable turnout within the mini group (bmw gen) for the outside show on sunday but yet this year no interest whatsoever, I dont do shows so no idea what happened to make members not interested this year. Alway looked a great show and growing
I honestly think people’s interest in shows here is pot luck really. There’s probably no reason as such it just goes like that.
23 years now I’ve been going to or performing at car shows 😳🤦‍♂️
Really gotta grow up soon

There are a few hold ups here as well, the weather being a massive one !
Also, people here just don’t have the money to spend on ‘proper’ builds or maybe some are afraid to 🤷‍♂️
Then it’s a small country so there is that ole stigma of I’ve seen it all before.

In England or other countries most car scene peeps change out their cars annually or biannually for a new one and set about working on it

I dunno, just Northern Ireland I guess. I’ll be going anyway, I always try to if I’m at home as I’ve a lot of respect for the organisers, I really think they’ve done such a good job over the years on it

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Also, if you’ve never seen Baggsy’s GTR it’s worth a look, it’s an awesome bit of kit.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Going to take a run up on Sunday, didn’t make it last year. Hopefully the weather holds.

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
I've never understood that process, paying to let people look at your car? The cars should be free since they are the attraction.
So id have to pay to show people my vag and people have to pay to see my vag. Dammmm how much do they charge you to show your car

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Actually I’d forgotten about that ! Yes agree that’s crap indeed