Ducati 1299 Panigale

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JTDi

RMS Regular
Picked this up from Millsport last week, I absolutely love 1299’s and couldn’t say no!

I had to sell my last 1299 this time last year due to a medical issue with my blood circulation in my hands but I’ve got that sorted and under control, so I’m super glad to be back on one of these amazing machines. They make 205bhp at the crank which I think is just under 190bhp at the rear wheel?

Basically a completely standard bike, with just a tail tidy (to begin with):

7805FF8E-6080-4379-9F74-7A1DD487D6D9.jpeg

I decided I wanted the wheels done Marchesini Gold so Millsport sent the wheels up to Paintbox and they were superbly done:

0B40980D-C0C4-4D1B-8FB1-7BF9EEADCCD1.jpeg

Next up was some noise (y)

This came in the form of a Full Titanium Akrapovic System. My last 1299 had only the end cans so this time I wanted the whole lot. This is almost 4kg lighter than the standard system, has a 10% power increase in the midrange, and sounds absolutely INSANE!

D8A6A0A8-CA8B-4EFB-BB06-ACA080F4EAA5.jpeg

And I went down to Millsport today and picked up some Ducati Performance Levers :grinning:

63D25464-FFB7-49C4-B8E0-E21F61CE4F4B.jpeg

Heading down the coast road from Ballymoney > Ballycastle > Larne tomorrow so will get a few snaps of how it currently sits. It needs a good detail and a ceramic coating to keep the paintwork tip-top but that’s all I’ll do to it for now I’d say!​

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Beautiful, not mad about that wheel design though! Are they all like that?

Fit some heated grips to keep your fingers right

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Beautiful,
made a rear section on a 1200 Pikes Peak during the week to suit a new silencer, sounded like armageddon was en route,

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Seen this on Millsports facebook, beautiful bike! I was parked beside a Panni at the Cookstown today. Had to stand and take a moment to appricate it

JTDi

RMS Regular
OP
JTDi
Beautiful, not mad about that wheel design though! Are they all like that?

Fit some heated grips to keep your fingers right

That’s the standard design buddy yes, they just usually come in black!

Already fitted some lol, just to be on the safe side! Caffeine seems to interfere with the medication so I have to stay away from that before heading out also lol, brutal.

Beautiful,
made a rear section on a 1200 Pikes Peak during the week to suit a new silencer, sounded like armageddon was en route,

Haha they’re absolutely thunderous aren’t they! This is insanely loud with the full system, the pops and bangs are something else!

So much better looking than the new V4. Beautiful bike.

That was my personal opinion too, a few things about the V4 I didn’t like aesthetically. Although I was in Millsport on Thursday evening and they had just started up a V4 Speciale with a full Akrapovic System Andy my god - the noise!!

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
Thats amazing looking, i love the section of the exhaust that comes out the fairing. Also the top yoke, nice bit if engineering to look whilst on the road.lol

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
The gold wheels are a great decision. Black was nice but the gold always looks the part on a red Ducati.
Amazing machine. I can only imagine what 200+hp feels like on a bike.

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
Stunning looking bike! Health to ride!! I WILL own one of these some day!! :p

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Love the panigalle, have akrapovic end cans on my monster, first thing I did! Will be looking at a 1299 exactly like yours in the future! Full titanium with that distinct blue hue off the pipework is gorgeous! HTR!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.