OP
Wheelchair
Drives

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
OP
Wheelchair
Drives
lovely looking bike, thats a fair jump from a 401!!!
Cheers!

Yeah, the 401 was a great bike for what it was and suited my needs perfectly, but I always knew it was just a stepping stone for something I wanted to keep long term.

The Ducati is a bike I’ve pretty much known the history of via YouTube since the previous owner bought it, I knew if I wanted a clean/unabused 899 this was the one to go for.

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
OP
Wheelchair
Drives
More security for when I’m out and about.

IMG_0933.jpeg

Then discovered I’ve a leaky fork 🤦🏻‍♂️.

IMG_0922.jpeg

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
try running a bit of old 35mm camera film round it, push it down past the seal and run it around a few times, if its a bit of dirt caught in the seal it will clear, wont cost you to try and iv had it stop leaks in the past.

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
OP
Wheelchair
Drives
try running a bit of old 35mm camera film round it, push it down past the seal and run it around a few times, if its a bit of dirt caught in the seal it will clear, wont cost you to try and iv had it stop leaks in the past.
Thanks for the tip! I actually ordered a "Seal Mate" when I noticed it the other day, it's only just arrived so I'll get round to the unit tomorrow to see if it makes any difference.

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
OP
Wheelchair
Drives
So the Seal-Mate did help the leaky fork somewhat, but after a run there was still a leak albeit not as bad as it was. I called Clarence at PLR but he was away on holiday at the time and I wanted it sorted before having it detailed and having the PPF replaced.

As it happened a motorcycle mechanic had opened up shop a couple of doors down from my detailer so I got in touch with him and he was more than happy to take it on and drop it into the detailer once finished, which saved me an additional trip!

It first went to Colin at CMG Motorcycles to have both fork seals done, and I couldn’t recommend him enough. He’s flat out with some very nice machines which speaks volumes for his work.

IMG_1558.jpeg

IMG_1556.jpeg

IMG_1559.jpeg

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1561.jpeg

After the forks were sorted it then went to Stevie at Pro Detail. Again, I couldn’t fault it work and he’s a gent to boot. When I got the back there were a few nicks and scores in the PPF, so all those have been replaced and the bike was given a minor detail.

IMG_1546.jpeg

IMG_1547.jpeg

IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1545.jpeg

That’s it for now! It’s up for MOT on Saturday and providing it passes it’ll only be out on seldom days between now and next Summer. Fingers crossed for a better Summer than this years!