Dump Valve in a toledo!?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

miniator

RMS Regular
Drives
'72 Mini
yip it was in last nite! lol

its got a straight thru exhaust which aint helping it either. Tinted windows, 18/19" audi alloys.

there used to be a navy one bout as well!!

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
yeh you can get a wastegate for them ...sounds nasty tho mate tbh ...each to their own tho

brendy

RMS Regular
a wastegate isnt a dump valve tho, anything you can get for a diesel that makes a noise definately isnt a dump or blow off valve, its purely a synthetic noise machine, like a whoopee cushion.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
You sure brendy? I've seen a few dervs with dump valves, theres a guy "Derv Doctor" who does them, although it was a 306 and an astra I saw them on. Sounded genuine enough to me? Never looked into the workings of them or what they were though, just accepted their word that they were proper dv's lol :grinning:

tim

RMS Regular
brendy said:
a wastegate isnt a dump valve tho, anything you can get for a diesel that makes a noise definately isnt a dump or blow off valve, its purely a synthetic noise machine, like a whoopee cushion.

erm then care to explain wtf is this?

Andy_gdon´s Seat Ibiza Sport TDi 130PD (2003)

Engine…

• Engine bay colour coded
• Seat Sport strut brace
• Full custom, CAT back exhaust system
• Forge Motorsport Dump Valve kit

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
brendy said:

talk ****e

brendy

RMS Regular
ill repeat myself, ive seen andys, its not a bonafide dump valve.
a petrol car has a vacuum which operates a dump valve (my 20valve petrol turbo does), diesels dont work via a throttle and vacuum so please explain to me where its "properly" conected to?
this is andys, why has it got wiring i hear you ask?
FMDDV.png

and this is mine, notice the err, lack of extras needed for the petrol turbo?
FMCL007P.png

brendy

RMS Regular
ian said:
talk ****e
ok ian, lets start from the beginning, a wastegate is this....
FMAC048.png

a dump/recirc valve looks more like this
FMCL007P.png

the wastegate is located usually bolted onto the turbo, a dump valve is on the air intake system. now, speaking ****e, of course, explain to me how two different parts located in two different parts of the engine bay are the same item?
and since when did any cossie or skyline, or any other petrol turbo ever need wiring to the pedal box to make a noise?

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
i nvr said that a waste gate and dump valve are the same i was refering to ur comments that anything you can get for a diesel that makes a noise definately isnt a dump or blow off valve, its purely a synthetic noise machine, like a whoopee cushion. that is bull**** the actual dump valve it self petrol or diesel is the same! yes u need a kit to make it operate properly on a diesel! but that is besides the point

metro1800

RMS Regular
Drives
405 Mi16
Barry said:
I'll vouch for that, there's a red one up my way & it's the most annoying of sounds.

Think I've seen/heard that one, and like all the rest it sounds comical

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
but u stated that it wasnt a proper dump valve i am jus correcting u and telling u it is a proper dump valve

brendy

RMS Regular
the kit isnt a real setup,
it needs some sort of valve to make a noise yes but since when did a proper turbo need this below and need cutting into the ecu wiring?
ddv.gif

EDIT, notice on the forge site that its also the cheapest universal valve they put into the kit....

ian

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 Stage 3
im not disagreeing with u brendy, lmao, YES it needs wiring to make it wrk but im jus making the point "IT IS STILL A DUMP VALVE" end of story

brendy

RMS Regular
sigh! in the way a fiat 127 and a bugatti veyron are both classed as cars i know which id rather have.
yes ive already said its got a cheapo version of the dv but it needs something to make a noise once instructed, an airhorn would sound silly.
its still a noise machine with electrical triggers and management, people can argue til their blue in the face for all i care, its fake and thats all there is to say about it.
to answer the original question yes there are solutions to getting farting noises!

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
plus if i can just add , there is no throttle butterfly that closes on a diesel when u lift the acc. pedal , this is wat causes impeller stall on petrol,due to the boost having nowhere to go, slows down turbo spool up when the acc. reapplied , hence why u fit a DV to vent this unwanted pressure (bad boost) , on diesel , u would actually be venting boost that would otherwise be being used (good boost) so u might loose power, plus altho not on andys (yet) the ecu in the vag range could see this as a boost leak between the MAF and MAP sensors and throw a code or limp mode, tho as said ive not seen this happen,

also if that toledo is a 110TDI or any PD , it doesnt even have a wastegate (vnt turbos)

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I would agree with what brendy has said, i think it has been discussed before, so you could try a seach for some more info.

Its a waste of time and money on a derv. Its purely sold as something to make your car sound like something its not. The derv engine mentioned works on a completely different concept to petrol turbo engines. A "synthetic noise machine" is a pretty good description.

Bare in mind most companies would sell snow to the Eskimos!

Bare in mind, do you think that the VAG that are arguably building the best diesel engines at the mo would leave out something so simple from their engines if it was so necessary?

icon - if you are looking advice on tuning the lump, fire up a new post and im sure there will be plenty of people to answer, hopefully it wont be filled with bull****ters too :eek:

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
wee_neiler said:
I would agree with what brendy has said, i think it has been discussed before, so you could try a seach for some more info.

Its a waste of time and money on a derv. Its purely sold as something to make your car sound like something its not. The derv engine mentioned works on a completely different concept to petrol turbo engines. A "synthetic noise machine" is a pretty good description.

Bare in mind most companies would sell snow to the Eskimos!

Bare in mind, do you think that the VAG that are arguably building the best diesel engines at the mo would leave out something so simple from their engines if it was so necessary?

icon - if you are looking advice on tuning the lump, fire up a new post and im sure there will be plenty of people to answer, hopefully it wont be filled with bull****ters too :eek:

eventually a voice of reason

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.