Dump Valve in a toledo!?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
lisburnni said:
plus if i can just add , there is no throttle butterfly that closes on a diesel when u lift the acc. pedal , this is wat causes impeller stall on petrol,due to the boost having nowhere to go, slows down turbo spool up when the acc. reapplied , hence why u fit a DV to vent this unwanted pressure (bad boost) , on diesel , u would actually be venting boost that would otherwise be being used (good boost) so u might loose power, plus altho not on andys (yet) the ecu in the vag range could see this as a boost leak between the MAF and MAP sensors and throw a code or limp mode, tho as said ive not seen this happen,

also if that toledo is a 110TDI or any PD , it doesnt even have a wastegate (vnt turbos)

Hey boy ill say nothing about that 0.3bhp you had on me-considering your FMIC, Downpipe, Big bore exhaust :p

As for the dump valve debate i feel im best to answer this (considering i have fitted one to my own motor)

YES it is a proper dump valve (not some ****ty speaker)
Yes it sounds cack when idling-the engine needs to have a load so that the turbo spools up full pressure. On the road it sounds every bit like a petrol dump valve....correct Stoney?????
Yes your ECU controls its operation via a control box in which you can set how long the valve remains open and how sensitive it is!

I can drive normally without it activating...but if i give it the boot, allowing a build up of pressure it will go off!!

As for limp mode and fault codes...Kyle had mine on VAGCOM-no faults and running healthy for a 3 year old car!!

Diesels dont operate in any way like a petrol. For me, a turbo petrol aint an option (at least for a few more months anyway) due to my many miles in a month so i run a derv. I chose to put a dump valve on my car that was a dear item but its better than skimping on cost. Lets face it, there are few people who like my car as it sit so im not going to concern myself over opinions on a dump valve. In a months time i will be running 180ish bhp and 280ish lbs of torque without causing the turbo any real pressure-call it what you like, for me thats a quick derv!!

brendy

RMS Regular
thats the most ive ever seen you type andy ! :laughing:

andy_gdon said:
Hey boy ill say nothing about that 0.3bhp you had on me-considering your FMIC, Downpipe, Big bore exhaust :p

As for the dump valve debate i feel im best to answer this (considering i have fitted one to my own motor)

YES it is a proper dump valve (not some ****ty speaker)
Yes it sounds cack when idling-the engine needs to have a load so that the turbo spools up full pressure. On the road it sounds every bit like a petrol dump valve....correct Stoney?????
Yes your ECU controls its operation via a control box in which you can set how long the valve remains open and how sensitive it is!

I can drive normally without it activating...but if i give it the boot, allowing a build up of pressure it will go off!!

As for limp mode and fault codes...Kyle had mine on VAGCOM-no faults and running healthy for a 3 year old car!!

Diesels dont operate in any way like a petrol. For me, a turbo petrol aint an option (at least for a few more months anyway) due to my many miles in a month so i run a derv. I chose to put a dump valve on my car that was a dear item but its better than skimping on cost. Lets face it, there are few people who like my car as it sit so im not going to concern myself over opinions on a dump valve. In a months time i will be running 180ish bhp and 280ish lbs of torque without causing the turbo any real pressure-call it what you like, for me thats a quick derv!!

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
It only took me 1/2 an hour to type as well!!

I am normally quicker to get to the point!!

Think alot of people are basing their opinions on what they have heard through word of mouth. I needed to post up the actual truth-think that what i have said is true though!

brendy

RMS Regular
your car is funky as it is mate, the noise doesnt do it for me but its not my car, same way as im sure theres something about my car others may not like etc..
opinions are like arses, everyones got one.

brendy

RMS Regular
andy_gdon said:
That guy who assasinated your mirror also didnt like your FMIC by all accounts!! :p

eh? my fmic is fine??
n75 was perfectly ok, just the standard one was a better match to the fmic and stage2 stuff, the rr showed a 5 brake (ish) difference only!

edit: stoney, whos a daddy!
gimp.jpg

Stoney

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
better than 0.3 ,

i got in there 1st andy to save face

how do u find this stuff

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.