Dundrod Ulster Grand Prix difficulties

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
what about "ride to the conditions"? if its very wet, then ride slower? Note: Im not a motorcyclist and have no experience of it. i do accept the risks will be higher in the wet but its road racing in Northern Ireland - surely riding in the wet is going to feature?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
When the consequence of getting it wrong is a stone wall or a tree and lights out then you might take a different view... It's not a race circuit with nice big runoff and gravel traps.

Riders' call at the end of the day, it's their lives on the line.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
OP
big-lew18
Drives
really well!
It's the riders choice as said, so when the race is called to go ahead they can still choose not to race. Happened this year, although it eventually ran several of the riders packed up and left. The risk outweighed the reward in their eyes

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
When the consequence of getting it wrong is a stone wall or a tree and lights out then you might take a different view... It's not a race circuit with nice big runoff and gravel traps.

Riders' call at the end of the day, it's their lives on the line.
To be fair thats always the consequence, its not like dry racing is risk free. if there is less traction, slow down, then you hit the obstacles slower. Im not stupid by the way, of course i know the likelihood of crashing is higher and i also know that racers cant just "go slower" as thats not how it works. Im just saying that unless the weather is extreme, all efforts should be made to run the races

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Screenshot_20220727-081400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Got a couple of the spots for the ride out around the course for me and the brother.
Should be a good day out and only 2 mile from me 😊

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Weather looking absolutely sh1te for tomorrow, as per usual like. Can plan nothing in this country ffs

Waste of time even cleaning the bike today 😂😭

domo gti

RMS Regular
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Weather was abit hit and miss but really enjoyed the day, nice meeting you @gav525 that bike of yours is a weapon and sounded the part when you left😎

Took a notion and went camping after so now its drink time
Screenshot_20220820-182407_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220820-182513_Gallery.jpg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Weather was abit hit and miss but really enjoyed the day, nice meeting you @gav525 that bike of yours is a weapon and sounded the part when you left😎

Took a notion and went camping after so now its drink time
View attachment 372464
View attachment 372465

Nice to meet you as well mate!

I done another lap when I left, a bit less traffic 2nd time round lol.

Was a shame about the weather and it could've been better organised I thought. Seen a lot of classic car clubs saying Tey wanted to go but when they'd asked for information didn't get any reply at all so didn't bother. I'd asked for info as well regarding the lap/parking/times etc and heard nothing back at all. Just think with a bit more effort they could've made it better

Brian mc21

RMS Regular
Agreed. You may have been disappointed had you have cameup after the lap was over as there wasn’t a lot of other bikes etc about. Realistically for me there wasn’t much more than the lap and a few of the bikes on display but at the end of the day it was a gathering of like minded people and hopefully it put some money in their account