DVLA AND TAXBOOKS PRESENTLY

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Has anyone any contact Number for DVLA that they actually answer?
Are they even working?

ECR

RMS Member
Is it to get a replacement logbook?

If so I used 0300 790 6802 about a month ago to get through to Swansea. I had to just keep hitting redial immediately as it kept giving a message saying that the lines were busy, but got through eventually. Once I got into the queue I don't think I had to wait too long for the call to be answered.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
I'm waiting on getting a v5 for over 3 months, got in touch a few weeks back and was told to leave it another few weeks as they have a crazy back log.

ECR

RMS Member
I'm waiting on getting a v5 for over 3 months, got in touch a few weeks back and was told to leave it another few weeks as they have a crazy back log.
I think mine came in about a week but it may be because it was straightforward as it was already registered in my name and I was able to make the application over the phone. I do recall the website said at the time that they were not currently processing paper applications.

RichyMRX

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86, Nova
Dealership told me it's around 6-8 weeks for a new owner logbook

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
I bought my mum a car back in may with no v5 and I am still waiting on a new book , spoke to them last week and they were only up to mid April applications,
I also bought a car for the wife in June still waiting on that 1 also .
You cannot speak to that department, if you do the car tax check it will tell you when the last v5 was issued will give you an idea if they have processed yours or not.

euge07

RMS Regular
OP
euge07
Drives
c220 cdi sport
One car has a personalised reg which couldnt be put on rentention online so was posted away 3 weeks ago and still not even received apparantly. Another car needs logbook applied for

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I put a personal reg on my bike a few weeks ago and had the book back in 3 days. The new logbook with the new reg for the vehicle that the plate came off arrived within 2 or 3 days too. I also got a letter notifying me that I had been removed as the registered keeper from a vehicle I sold with a few days, so I assume the new owner got his book pretty sharp.

I actually thought they were more efficient now than they’ve ever been from those experiences.

RevT

RMS Regular
One car has a personalised reg which couldnt be put on rentention online so was posted away 3 weeks ago and still not even received apparantly. Another car needs logbook applied for

Mate applied for cherished transfer on paper about 3.5 months ago and only got it back the other day.

I’m waiting on a book I applied for from the black Lexus still and that was middle of April.

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
If you have a new keeper slip it’s fine , but when you have to apply for a new book and new keeper, he did say he could have done it over the phone but because the previous owner had it as disabled classification that had to be re classed so just wait.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
😂😂😂😂 I’m waiting 10 odd weeks now on a reg to come off a car. Couldn do it online so paperwork sent off the same day I sent my speeding fine
Had my fine an licence through my door in 10 days. Taxbook I’m still waiting

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Tried that number 20 times today and keep getting “it has not been possible to connect your call” must be flat out. Need a replacement book ASAP to get a car advertised

RevT

RMS Regular
Tried that number 20 times today and keep getting “it has not been possible to connect your call” must be flat out. Need a replacement book ASAP to get a car advertised

Let me know if you get sorted as I’ve a car here needing a book too. Unfortunately it’s a new owner request though and not just a replacement.

barachello

RMS Regular
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
Still waiting on mine from mid Feb. Did the online customer chat, and they told me that it should have been issued by now, and if not, then presume lost.

They told me to send in a v62 with the new keepers supplement, which I did, via recorded delivery. That was 5 weeks ago, and still nothing. On checking the recorded delivery tracking, it simply says that it was received at my local post office on the date it was posted......

😡😡😠

Loggie

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra
Let me know if you get sorted as I’ve a car here needing a book too. Unfortunately it’s a new owner request though and not just a replacement.

Same as myself, I never got a tax book when I bought it only the green slip. Will give you a shout if/when I get sorted

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Has anyone any contact Number for DVLA that they actually answer?
Are they even working?

Did you get through in the end?

Have been trying for a couple of days now but cuts off straight away. Can't even get to queue...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I saw that as an option, but their website says 6-8 weeks to process them.

I guess it doesn't hurt to throw in a mail one as well, if it works it works, nothing to lose...

Nothing else to do as far as I can tell, impossible to get through on the phone...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Anything done online seems fine, it's all automated presumably. Like change of ownership.

It's anything that requires a phone call that's all but impossible. Anyone who gets through should buy a lottery ticket straight away...

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
i bought a motorbike start of June... and still havent the new V5, checker online showing no V5 issued since the last owner got it too...

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
I sent off the v5 of my kit car at the start of May to do a colour change and still no sign of it. Been on with them twice now and can't get anywhere! As I understand it in most cases if you what you need to do online the v5 is coming through reasonably quickly.