DVLA AND TAXBOOKS PRESENTLY

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The system is ****ed, lol. MoT, car registration, the whole thing. It still seems to work, to a point, for dealers. They have their own channels and access. But for private individuals if it can't be done online then basically it can't be done.

I don't think anyone has a clue any more who owns what, or what is what. MoT has no meaning at all.

I don't think anyone has a clue how to fix it either.

Fun times ahead!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
If it's not automated stuff I think it's almost random chance.

You can nearly see in front of you the mountain of paperwork piled up from DVLA people not being in the office, or running on reduced staff levels to meet guidelines, etc.

Then dealers getting priority treatment, etc.

Stuff will have ended up in the wrong pile, or lost behind a desk, and nobody would know.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Took me ages to get through on 03007906802. I'm waiting 7 weeks now, they said nothing on their system but doesn't mean it's not in a pile of backlogged paperwork. Said give it 4 weeks and ring back if no show by then! Lol

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
my mum got a letter on Friday to tell her that the tax book will be issued on the 21st of September, waiting from May, i am still waiting on 1 from May myself

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Waiting from May as well. Got on to their online chat two weeks ago and was told it was being processed and no estimation could be given on when I could expect it. Total Joke.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I was enquiring about getting a personal registration on my company car and got this as an automated reply from Lex:

This is an automated response.

In accordance with current guidance regarding COVID19 (Coronavirus) we are in partial lock down with skeleton staff. The DVLA however have been in full lock down as per Welsh government guidance. Please see below the latest update from DVLA as of 19th June 2020.

“The current position is that the lock down is still in force in Wales and we are still constrained by the Welsh Government rules on the numbers of people that can safely be in our offices at one time. This continues to have a significant impact on the number of colleagues that we have available to process retention paper applications. We are introducing a number of contingencies to fully utilise the available space on our estate and also looking to utilise new office accommodation in the Swansea area. As our resources increase we are now in a better position to be able to invite customers to send retention paper applications to DVLA. However I must stress that there will still be delays in the processing of these retention paper applications”

Whilst DVLA are functioning, they are running on skeleton staff and have months of backlogs therefore we are currently exploring alternative options to process plate transfers in a timelier manner, we will be in touch ASAP.

If you have sent us an application to retain or transfer your private registration, there is no need for you to contact us, we will contact you if we require any further information. We will send you email confirmation once your application has been processed and completed.

We are beginning to work through the assignment applications we have received, however we are unable to give timescales at the moment as we have a substantial back log and we are working with limited staff, as soon as your assignment application has been processed we will send you email confirmation.

Gives a bit of insight into the issues they are facing.

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Bought a car last week and had the tax book out in 8 days, probably would have been sooner but the seller put the wrong house number down for me.

McKay

RMS Regular
Need to get a Sorn cert for a car that has been Sorned off the road for nearly two years.
I lost the original one and the insurance company want a copy of it in order for me to keep the no claims bonus I had on it.
Have tries for days to get through to Swansea but no joy.
Is there any other way in getting one?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Unfortunately no, you have to call them and no chance of getting through...

Somebody above mentioned you can do an online chat with them? Didn't see that option myself, might be a better option than calling...

Gemma

RMS Regular
I took my reg off the car and waiting for the log book to give to new owners. Im hoping it comes soon lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I took my reg off the car and waiting for the log book to give to new owners. Im hoping it comes soon lol

You can do the new owner thing online, just tick that you want to keep the reg.

The new owner should get a log book with the original reg of the car, and you the retainer thing for your own reg.

Or at least that's the theory, lol.

There's no log book for you to give to the new owner. They should get it directly in their own name and address.

Darren91

RMS Regular
Anyone sent of any postal applications recently and any time frames for turnaroudn? Tried taking my plate off the Focus online and its saying I need to (unfortunately) have to send a paper copy in.

coffeekid

RMS Regular
I took a plate of a car online last week - all new documents arrived in post in less than a week

J55NI

RMS Regular
Anyone sent of any postal applications recently and any time frames for turnaroudn? Tried taking my plate off the Focus online and its saying I need to (unfortunately) have to send a paper copy in.

Just over 6 weeks when my mate took his off last.
I took a plate of a car online last week - all new documents arrived in post in less than a week
He is asking about a "POSTAL" application...