E36 Aircon fan

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Need a radiator fan for an e36 328. Has air-con i think the fan is different.

Anyone have one cheap? :worried:

chopaholic

RMS Regular
Drives
JZ S15 / X5
I have one here lad, not really sure if I want to sell it though as I know these are very sought after. If the money was right I would maybe let her go to the right man as I wouldn't like to see it getting abused you know?

Let me know what sort of money you had in mind.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Viscous fan in non A/C, electric fan in A/C cars. Quite hard to find as most E36s didn't have A/C. I've got one left. £30

pablo

RMS Moderator
E36s with aircon had both fans. As the viscous fan usually got ripped out and just let it use the leccy fan (which served as an engine fan too). Thats what I done on my M3 anyway.

Shaun

RMS Regular
OP
Shaun
E36s with aircon had both fans. As the viscous fan usually got ripped out and just let it use the leccy fan (which served as an engine fan too). Thats what I done on my M3 anyway.
Seen a few things about this before, This definitely ok to do?

As my viscous fan is on its way out so may just remove it.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I wouldn't have thought so. The electric fan serves as an auxiliary fan when the temp rises and really isn't sufficient to do all the cooling by itself

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.