E39 520i

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Very nice @PieMan1, Iv had a few and probably have a few more if the come up but as for yours @‘96dc2 I shoulda kept that one 😉😂

Cheers mate. they really are a seriously comfy car.

Disconnected the bonnet switch last night and alas. no alarm going off.

brake light to sort next which should be easy.

It has a CCV delete which just vents to a catch can. the cans got some oil in it ? I assume this is normal?

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Morning all,

I have noticed the gear change can be a bit " vague " on the 520, I have the idea that gearbox oil & diff oil might fix this as both these items seem to bmw sealed for life?

if so does anyone have any recommended oils?

JH86

RMS Regular
E38 parallels would transform it 👌🏻

Shame they don't fit😂

Gotta love a nice clean e39 tho fair play

As for the ccv delete idea id put it back to standard system the delete kits with the oil catch can need to be sealed it or it runs like a pig and dosent so more than 30mpg if there's any oil atal in it remove it incase the inlet swallows it

What do you mean by vague on the gears? Oil change on manual box or diff never cures anything tbh

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Shame they don't fit😂

Gotta love a nice clean e39 tho fair play

As for the ccv delete idea id put it back to standard system the delete kits with the oil catch can need to be sealed it or it runs like a pig and dosent so more than 30mpg if there's any oil atal in it remove it incase the inlet swallows it

I like idea of parallels but big dough.

Thanks mate.

Yes Im not going to lie I would prefer to put it back to standard.

Is it a big job? If you know any in-depth details about it please let me know thanks :grinning:

JH86

RMS Regular
I like idea of parallels but big dough.

Thanks mate.

Yes Im not going to lie I would prefer to put it back to standard.

Is it a big job? If you know any in-depth details about it please let me know thanks :grinning:
Paralels on a Se is just wrong tho, those gold wheels make it special tbh very good look

As for the ccv depends on how much of the factory system you have left that's not been either cut up or thrown away the acutal oem oil seperator is cheap and easy to do I think I have a full inlet here with all the pipes you can have for a reference if your gona tackle the job yourself.. Or just rob the ccv of it 😂

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Paralels on a Se is just wrong tho, those gold wheels make it special tbh very good look

As for the ccv depends on how much of the factory system you have left that's not been either cut up or thrown away the acutal oem oil seperator is cheap and easy to do I think I have a full inlet here with all the pipes you can have for a reference if your gona tackle the job yourself.. Or just rob the ccv of it 😂
I think im sort of set of style 66's or 32's

What gold wheels are you on about?

Drop me a PM and we can sort something out.

Cheers.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Shame they don't fit😂
Bore them out
69ED55A6-F3A5-4C38-B53A-A1038366E1C3.jpeg

Gemma

RMS Regular
Health to enjoy ❤️
Ive had mine since 2015 and I absolutely love it.
Sam asked me the other day, what do I plan to buy when she finally bites the dust and the truth is I haven't a clue.
I would love the m5 lump it but that's never gona happen lol 😏

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
So...
It's sold .

Got given a decent offer on it from a forum member. so its away. It'll be looked after far more than I'd be ever capable of doing.

Anything interesting & different for sale for 3k?

lol.