E46 320d Touring

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
The only thing that makes sitting inside the wheelie bin interior of an Impreza worthwhile is the turbo strapped to the engine lol. I have owned a few Subarus and loved them but the interiors are absolutely disgusting quality. Like a proton in the 90s.

Something to consider since you do like changing often, you couldn't get a dog in the street to bark at an NA wagon Impreza never mind sell one 😂
Ah ok, that’s a fairly decent and reasoned argument lol.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
So after a couple of days of arguing with the wife, which I lost, I’m keeping the Beemer.

I’ve a booster pack ordered and will be looking at other things in the coming months to make it more appealing to me.
i was looking forward to seeing the thirsty impreza tbh.

Nah I think you've made the right decision mate, only a couple of things to sort by the sound of things

Boksic

RMS Regular
Did you get keys sorted yet?
I didn't know you were looking at it but I have the key coding yoke at home, successfully coded 3 keys with it on my e46, just eBay keys that I then got cut in Bangor. Vaguely remember there being 2 frequencies for RCL, but immo coding should have worked no problem for you?

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
i was looking forward to seeing the thirsty impreza tbh.

Nah I think you've made the right decision mate, only a couple of things to sort by the sound of things
I haven’t made the decision! She has! 😂 I’m doing what I’m told to keep a roof over my head! 😂
Forgiveness is easier to get than permission. Just land up with a new yoke and say nothing :grinning:
See above lol 😂
Did you get keys sorted yet?
I didn't know you were looking at it but I have the key coding yoke at home, successfully coded 3 keys with it on my e46, just eBay keys that I then got cut in Bangor. Vaguely remember there being 2 frequencies for RCL, but immo coding should have worked no problem for you?
Dammit! Lol. Aye I’ve the correct frequency for the RCL (433.something MHz lol), and I’m able to write the new key chip. I just can’t write the new key to the EWS. The details on the key are correct, there’s an issue either with the hardware or the software that I have as it gets to the verify stage of writing to the EWS before then saying “Write Error”.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Just seen the pics of it on the BBS CH's - no way I'd be changing that for anything it looks great. Maybe a touch from the lowering stick!
Cheers bud. I’ve a set of M Sport springs sitting in the shed waiting to go in. They’re allegedly 15mm or so lower than standard springs.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
So after a couple of days of arguing with the wife, which I lost, I’m keeping the Beemer.

I’ve a booster pack ordered and will be looking at other things in the coming months to make it more appealing to me.

mid I told my mrs I was thinking of changing cars I’d still have the same car from 12 years ago
As @Coog said, just land home with it, might be a bit pi$$ed but they get over it 😂

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
No mine knows sadly, and knows what I spend on it, which was thrown in my face when I suggested getting rid! 🙄

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
No mine knows sadly, and knows what I spend on it, which was thrown in my face when I suggested getting rid! 🙄

That's why everything you buy for it you tell her "was an ebay bargain, too good not to buy". Or get it delivered to work/work colleagues address instead 🌝

I waited til mine went to Germany before going back to Porsche to buy the 911, was the easiest option for all involved 😂

Do it!

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Cheers bud. I’ve a set of M Sport springs sitting in the shed waiting to go in. They’re allegedly 15mm or so lower than standard springs.
Blackie, I've a vertical sprng compressor here and a bit if room in the shed if you want to get tore in to them springs at some stage.

colin84

RMS Regular
You're definitely doing the sensible thing by keeping the BM. Don't let a few problems put you off the car, they all have problems, the next car you swap to will have it's own set of problems. I done the same thing for years.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Blackie, I've a vertical sprng compressor here and a bit if room in the shed if you want to get tore in to them springs at some stage.
thank you, I genuinely appreciate the offer.
You're definitely doing the sensible thing by keeping the BM. Don't let a few problems put you off the car, they all have problems, the next car you swap to will have it's own set of problems. I done the same thing for years.
Sound words

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
To quote the wise words of the go to bmw guy @JH86 welderupbuttercup
Never gonna happen! I drove a car once with a welded diff, lasted two days before I was sick of it skipping round slow or tight turns. Was great for when I wanted to d1ck about, but that car, like this Touring, is a daily.