Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Vast improvement mate

the cotton leds are superb too. Really bright and no discernible leds too
Yea it was definitely a good call by you mate. Seeing yours on your M3 made my mind up and as you say, solid ring of light with no discernible leds.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Today I fitted the K&N Air Filter that I recently bought from @BMW_AL and I have to say it’s a much better fit than the previous Pipercross filter I had on the car. I forgot to take pic whilst the airbox cover was off, so you’ll just have to take my word on it’s fit, but here’s a pic through the intake side of the airbox:
3BED196D-A24B-4203-B4D7-ED5F52E13717.jpeg

The evidence of the Pipercross’s poor fitment is seen by its shape and various marks where I had to force the airbox into its position:
F4729413-7B0A-4D4B-BF33-AC86C0F153F0.jpeg
09584BEB-FEFC-4604-BBA0-708F186A6CA4.jpeg
0F779C03-5F32-4E2A-8F7E-CBEE871B6CCB.jpeg

I also got the headlights aligned today.
Hopefully over the next day or so, weather permitting, I’ll get the cigarette lighters reinstated/rewired so that the brats, I mean kids can plug in their various devices on road trips.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
would giving it a buff even help with the blending a bit?
I had the car over at a painter friend of mine and he said the only thing that would fix it is to repaint it. He talked about doing what some of you guys suggested of painting up to the swage/body line in the qtr panel.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Took the kids out a blast to Spelga Dam and the car ran and drove faultlessly. Soaked up the miles and was a blast to drive through the Mournes.
CCED3048-C170-41B1-B939-A2E01713E1FE.jpeg

We’re currently stuffing our faces in Newcastle before making the journey home, can’t wait!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Damn that was a good days driving. A friend spied me on my travels who had a mate in the car with him, who said he’ll give me £1500 no faffing for the car……..

…..gotta say I’m tempted. Trying to find something as good for the same value though, that’s gonna be tricky!

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Damn that was a good days driving. A friend spied me on my travels who had a mate in the car with him, who said he’ll give me £1500 no faffing for the car……..

…..gotta say I’m tempted. Trying to find something as good for the same value though, that’s gonna be tricky!
I don’t think you’d replace it for something as good £1500 but I do understand the itch to change.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.

You mad???

Don't be parting with that car for that money Blackie. It's a lovely car now and you have put all your touches on it.

It's running well and looks great, why would you even consider a change to possibly buy a ball-breaker.

That's just my opinion, but I'd be keeping it.