E46 320d Touring

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Lol great craic. Bleed valves always handy snapped. Should be easily enough drilled and tapped, though for the sake of the price of a replacement caliper its probably not worth the hassle.
Yea thinking of getting a recon caliper for it.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
My friend said he has tried to drill them out before with no success. He’s not one to give up easily either, unlike me lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I had ordered these a week or so ago, white led reverse bulbs. There’s a massive difference between them on the right of the pic and the standard bulb on the left. Will be interesting to see what they’re like in the dark lol

560CE721-8FFB-439B-A98A-9E550B895D0E.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
super - did you get springs too?
They hadn’t arrived when I went to collect the caliper. I’m waiting on them phoning me to let me know when they’ve arrived.
It’s as well I ordered a pair, because when I removed the drivers side one in preparation for the new ones, I noticed the top coil had broke off!

That’s probably why she sat at a nice height at the rear from I got her lol

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Got the two springs in and have begun to tidy up the inner rear arches. They’re not bad, but paint had come away in some places so I was treating the metal and painting it before it becomes a problem.
504941E0-8A38-4114-B817-A1FBA55265B4.jpeg

Oh and here’s a bit of a look at the new brake flexi brackets my friend and I made up, along with the plain understated black HEL braided flexi:
26BF51F1-C41D-4963-B175-1C904F08105B.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
And the big lady is off the axle stands again, not sitting too bad on the new springs. Should settle down a little further. At the risk of jinxing myself, I think that’s her ready for MOT all except for the battery brace/strap that a couple of lads here have said they think they might have....

735F1658-9C31-4D59-A338-BF620BCAA9E4.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Sits well at the back. No stilts
Yea, I’m pleasantly surprised at that myself! It’s only been around the estate once since I fitted them to check for knocks and bangs (of which there are none, I’m told that’s a rarity in an e46! Lol), so no real mileage done yet.

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but this is the first car I’ve had where I’m happy with the factory height of the car!

Must be getting old!