E46 320d Touring

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
Who knows?
So, after quickly realising that I’m no longer in my twenties and that I really miss the refinements offered by slightly more modern and better equipped cars, and subsequently randomly offered this car a deal for the Corsa, I jumper at it.

Now I know there’ll be people who’ll scoff and perhaps mock, but however, it’s done now and it is what it is.

It’s a 2003 320d ES Touring which has benefited from a seat upgrade to what I’m told are M Sport Alcantara seats, which are pretty comfortable.

It needs a little tidying here and there but on the whole it’s a pretty decent car.

75AC69F0-754C-466F-81ED-5D89A06F1A7E.jpeg
B5DB09BF-10FF-4DF7-A16D-967B0BC8B97A.jpeg
A5FB6939-178B-4E62-AA70-AD71D3BBCC72.jpeg
344295B2-2F54-45CB-900F-6529E3BC3B0E.jpeg
A27109FE-F4DF-4D74-B3A5-1E8B727A109A.jpeg

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Have a lot of love for the E46's, still miss my old 330d.
Health to tinker!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?

Marc C

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 325i Touring
Looks well! Alcantara is a nice option and see it already has the M Sport steering wheel etc.

Look forward to seeing the progress.

PS coil overs are cheap as chips 😉

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Very respectable bro, younger listeners would of seen this big girl on my insta story

Any interest in a swap for a set of 18" alloys new tyres for them wee 17s no cash involved?
Pm me pics, could well be interested, oh and I’m off to check your Instagram now lol

Paul.

RMS Regular
You've got Style 194 alloys from an E90 M-Sport and, I must admit, they really suit the E46. They're also in far better condition than the 194s on my car! Even today I think the E46 is prettier than any of its successors (despite having never owned one). Since you're lucky enough to already have the alcantara interior the only thing I could suggest would be cupholders? There's a replacement part for the centre console you can get on eBay for dirt cheap that'll provide cupholders.

All the best with it!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
Who knows?
Remap and weld the diff?
Remap yes, diff, no. I like my comfort too much. Welded diff would mean skipping round corners when trying to be sensible lol.
You've got Style 194 alloys from an E90 M-Sport and, I must admit, they really suit the E46. They're also in far better condition than the 194s on my car! Even today I think the E46 is prettier than any of its successors (despite having never owned one). Since you're lucky enough to already have the alcantara interior the only thing I could suggest would be cupholders? There's a replacement part for the centre console you can get on eBay for dirt cheap that'll provide cupholders.

All the best with it!
Thank you. Yea cup holders are one of those little things I miss, and yea I’m looking at some on eBay lol.good shout though! I also quite like the wheels that are on her, no idea what they were off until now lol.

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Hard to beat a E46. Much prefer them to the later models. Here's mine which the wife now drives. They are M Sport seats in your car, same as my own. Nice comfy seats. Theres always people asking her if it's for sale apparently lol. Good luck with yours

Attachments

• 20200408_175931.jpg
    20200408_175931.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 321

Paul.

RMS Regular
I see the Corsa’s back up for sale but I didn’t know the thing about the dark head lining being an ES trait - I always assumed it was an optional extra.

Just as an aside if you stick the E46’s VIN into mdecoder.com it’ll tell you everything the car left the factory with.