E46 320d Touring

warren

RMS Photographer
I must say Ill agree the drive into Dees is poor but I have no complaints about the quality of their work. Ive had a good few bits done over the years by them and the guys doing it are always fantastically picky.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
They are ok. But I remember getting weld
splatter all over a brand new stainless steel back box, don’t expect nice tig welds and you’ll be ok.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
It’s been 16 or 17yrs since I got the. To do an exhaust for one of my cars. The last time I was down a couple of years ago was to get a flexi section welded for a mates VXR Vectra, both times seemed to be good jobs.

Reactions: PDK

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
When they first opened I got them to fabricate a full stainless system for an XR2i. The noise this made was mad, it used to set car alarms off.

I was being ultra fussy with the back box, master’s of their craft they are not. But will get the job done at easy money.

PieMan1

RMS Regular
Not to jump in and hammer dee's but one of the fellas there quoted me £250 to removed a back box & to add a tip ...

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Not to jump in and hammer dee's but one of the fellas there quoted me £250 to removed a back box & to add a tip ...
For £200 I can get an “off the shelf” stainless steel back box with twin slash cut inward rolled tips for this 320d!

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
You must have been mis quoted or the person hasn’t understood.

I changed the tips on the 335i I supplied them and was charged £10 a side for welding.

I think for a double exhaust tip it’s about £40 + fitting. Only one way to find out @Blackie get it down... 😂