E46 320d Touring

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
The main reason I didn’t go for the poly bushes was fear of fitting them lol. These ones can be tough enough to fit on the arm as well as hard to get them to line up with the bolt holes.

My fear was that poly versions would be much more difficult all round!

That said, if I have any more issues with these, I’ll be going poly and find a way round it lol.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
The main reason I didn’t go for the poly bushes was fear of fitting them lol. These ones can be tough enough to fit on the arm as well as hard to get them to line up with the bolt holes.

My fear was that poly versions would be much more difficult all round!

That said, if I have any more issues with these, I’ll be going poly and find a way round it lol.

They're actually not overly difficult. Mine are offset lollipop bushes, so I had to make sure they were lined up correct. But yours look central so I imagine it's a case of just push in and fit like you would with the regular ones

If I can do the polybushes then someone with your know how could certainly get her done 👌

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Have poly bushes (suspension) on all my cars. There's a range of "hardness" from soft to rose joint.

Something like a powerflex purple work really well on my road cars, whereas a powerflex black was too much.

The lotus has Ertalon bushes and they're brilliant on both road and track on that wee car. The powerflex purple were way too soft on that car and actually squashed the mounts.

Horses for courses and all that.

Avoid polybushes on any engine mounts though, certainly on a road car.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
The remainder of the engine gaskets finally turned up and this afternoon I set about refitting the inlet manifold. Excuse the lockdown haircut (the fact that I have hair growing back at all is amazing!), but here is a quick crappy video of the first turn of the key after sitting for a few weeks and after me disturbing a lot of carbon lol.

Now I just have to re fit all the various covers etc....

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
So I believe I have it bled ok. Took it out for a spin once it appeared to reach normal operating temp (gauge in clocks sitting halfway), and gave it a good blast up and down the A8 and the needle never moved. Also watched the temp on the head unit via the torque OBD app and it sat around 83deg only fluctuating up and down a few deg either way.

E8F13991-F03C-4943-B606-A7BE74A8C226.jpeg

Gotta let it cool down, most likely overnight and I’ll check the level in the morning and take it from there. Just the main engine cover to go on after that.

Also noticed that under braking the car stays straight and true, so replacing that wishbone bush seems to have sorted that out.

JH86

RMS Regular
The meyle hd wishbones I got for the e36 came with lolipops, the rubbers in them were split, I wasn't bothered as I was pulling them out for powerflex replacements.

If polybushes weren't so uncomfortable you probably would've been better going that route, probably want to retain the smoothness though 😂

Pu bushes arnt uncomfortable 🤣

It's you bouncy crap coils that make that 36 aids to drive 🤣

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Pu bushes arnt uncomfortable 🤣

It's you bouncy crap coils that make that 36 aids to drive 🤣

Tbh I don't find it uncomfortable at all 🤣 I just imagine it's stiffer with polybushes. Then coils are 100 cement 😜

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Do they still have warranty if you're not the original purchaser? Looks like it's been through the trenches lmao. Did you get a charger with it?
Yea I got a charger with it and yea it looks rough, but it works perfectly!! I don’t know how I’ve gone so many years without one! 😅
I must look into the warranty thing though.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I always toyed with getting one of these but imagined there wouldn't be much power in them??
This particular model only has a maximum of 35ft/lbs of torque. So should be fine for most small things really. Anything that needs more torque I’ve a torque wrench there to deal with.
My fear was always over tightening or wrong threading something lol
Any smart man starts a bolt by hand for a few turns! Lol As above though with regards to the max torque.
no but its related to how hard you pull the trigger. you can run it with next to no torque to get things started or when youre nipping up
This, the trigger allows for variable force up to the max torque, and yes Pab-meister, my life is now changed! Lol