E46 330ci Convertible

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
if a 325ci tickles your fancy.......74k miles......2006....would save me taxing it next week...

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Think yours might be a bit over budget! If I was going for a 325ci the budget would be a bit lower. Yours is too good!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice. Needs the sport bumper though.

£5k is too much for me all together, never mind on an E36!

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
@Lyons what about this 325ci?

E9D5DAFD-8959-421D-8902-2EAA85D6FFC6.png

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Right well seeing as its more fun to search for cars than to do any work. Game on

I know you said no pre-facelifts but at that money it has to be included

Accross the water options - Not sure if this is an option or not but hey ho I am enjoying myself searching AutoTrader so for the sake of my game I will assume its a possibility

Manual and facelift

What about a 2.8 Z3?

Facelift with the optional hard top

What about a big 645 :cool: Didn't realise these were so cheap.

E93's

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
LOL 😂

Could not be having an SE E46 I’m afraid.

I’ve pretty much seen all ads for any 3 series below £6k! Black E93 is acceptable but I’m dubious as it seems too good to be true.

Hadn’t thought of a 6 series, but can’t help but feel they’d pose even more problems than an E46 and I don’t want hassle! Will have a wee look into them (y).

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Awk I don’t think so. At least with the 325 there’s no turbos to worry about. And this is more for posing than racing, I’m not too worried about it not being fast (within reason) as I still have the Golf for that.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Awk I don’t think so. At least with the 325 there’s no turbos to worry about. And this is more for posing than racing, I’m not too worried about it not being fast (within reason) as I still have the Golf for that.

I would say E93 all day then

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
I think the E46 has a wee bit more character though!

Sent an email to that grey 1 above.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I think the E46 has a wee bit more character though!

Sent an email to that grey 1 above.

I would be the wrong person to talk to as I missed the boat on the E46 so never formed that love with them. You only looking it for the summer or planning on keeping it?

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I'd much prefer the E46 to the E9x, Colm Hyland would disagree big time though!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
Already ran it past him, nothing too major to worry about on a 330ci apparently!

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Nothing major, CCV, oil filter housing gasket and cam cover gasket, DISA valve, clogged or splitting cats. Calipers like to stick too because the standard sliding pin guides aren't the best, brass ones are an easy and cheap upgrade from Hack Engineering

It's also normal for them to consume a bit of oil

Last edited:

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Radiators, coolant reservoirs, front arms, ABS sensors & rust :joy:
Rear trailing arm bushes are almost never replaced and always in need of it at this age regardless of mileage.

They love snapping rear springs too lowered or not

All that aside they are an amazing engine and by far one of my favourite cars to drive (with that engine). Everything is easy worked on as well so the above issues are no big deal

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Rear trailing arm bushes are almost never replaced and always in need of it at this age regardless of mileage.

They love snapping rear springs too lowered or not

All that aside they are an amazing engine and by far one of my favourite cars to drive (with that engine). Everything is easy worked on as well so the above issues are no big deal

Same. I've had maybe half a dozen of them right back to when they came out and loved them all.

PeteM

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat CC
Radiators, coolant reservoirs, front arms, ABS sensors & rust :joy:

Mine had all of these things plus many more but rust was never a problem.

Would be tempted for another one but vert with a hardtop in a nice colour, Xenons would be good to have.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Mine had all of these things plus many more but rust was never a problem.

Would be tempted for another one but vert with a hardtop in a nice colour, Xenons would be good to have.

I had one resprayed under warranty by Agnews. The car was perfect after that. Couldn't tell you the last time I saw an E46 without rust on it.