E46 convertible roof glass broken

E46 gazza

RMS Member
Drives
330 converti
Hi all my E46 convertible roof rear screen has been broken and been told that it's a new roof required is this true or is there other options if I put it through insurance are they going to total loss the car due to cost ?? Thanks in advance

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
@surprising_skoda us our bmw guru possibly not on the sabbath tho, if it’s a new hood required I’d be 99% they would write it off obviously depending on the model etc but don’t quote me 😬😂. Personally I’d be trying to source a window and a way of getting it stitched/glued in.

E46 gazza

RMS Member
OP
E
Drives
330 converti
Ok cool thank you guys just ashame as the roof is perfect

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Ok cool thank you guys just ashame as the roof is perfect
water tank GIF

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Can you source the glass?

Thon stuff I used to glue in the mother in laws screen into her A4 Cab roof is 1000% ridiculous and I am fairly sure it will still be there even when the car is dust.

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Yep it can't be changed over. Thanikfully though, the roofs on 46's are a good quality and seem to last well, so it wouldn't be hard to source *ahem* a good second hand one and have it swapped over. I can say they're not overly dear either and it would probably cost the same as your excess would and you'll not have an insurance marker on the car (fitting obviously will add some cost to that).

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Yep it can't be changed over. Thanikfully though, the roofs on 46's are a good quality and seem to last well, so it wouldn't be hard to source *ahem* a good second hand one and have it swapped over. I can say they're not overly dear either and it would probably cost the same as your excess would and you'll not have an insurance marker on the car (fitting obviously will add some cost to that).
How many do you actually have Will 🧐😂 might need a we “ahem” nudge here