E46 M3

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
did you not consider having them repaint the wheels whilst it was up there?

I’v spent more than wheels cost new, on refurbs so far. 😂

There’s not a mark on them. Can’t really justify the cost of repainting them again yet. Maybe once the bank account recovers a bit.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That looks absolutely sensational-didn’t think it could get any better!

lol, I actually really like the wheels. Yes they’re different and a bit out there, but I think they suit the car. The silver would look sharp too.

DISASTRA

RMS Regular
Drives
F87/E46
Brilliant lad, loving the front bumper! Looking forward to hearing what you think of the sealant after some time has passed.

Paul @ TOPGEARNI sorted me with a new set of CSL's. I couldn't look at the old ones anymore.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Car looks great/

Bound to be someone who would want to swap their silver wheels. The Grey CSLs would looks brilliant on a silver M3.

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
Stunning Ryan, I bet you are delighted with the job by AG. Wheels look brilliant IMO :oops:

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Don't go back to silver on the wheels because it will look like mine :laughing:

Looks fantastic.. literally just had my quarters painted, underneath dinitrol'd, and lowered it last week. Must get a few pics up too.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Not long after I had the driver's side painted last year, a couple of tiny blisters appeared on the rear quarter panel. Took it back to the painter and got fobbed off a few times and promised they'd get me back in and get it sorted. Still waiting. ^o)

The front wing on the passenger side had small bit of rust along the bottom edge and the rear quarter had some marring/marks in the paint that wouldn't buff out. Wasn't too bad but always annoyed me when the sun hit it.

Alan at AG Automotive comes highly recommended on here so decided to take it to him to sort all the bits properly. The day I called up, he had 3 other E46 M3's in so knew them well. Got the car booked in and picked up a new front wing at Country Garage on my way home.

Left the car up just before Covid-19 kicked off, which then put a stop to things. Car sat in bits in the bodyshop part of March and all of April while they were closed. Got it back yesterday and couldn't be happier with the work done:

- Bonnet and front bumper painted. Plate holder removed and screw holes smoothed off.
- New wing fitted and passenger side painted.
- Driver side rear quarter fixed.
- Factory sealer removed, inner arches cut out to sort the rust and new metal welded in on both sides.
- Dinitrol treatment underneath

Best it's looked since I bought it. Few photos Alan sent me and a couple from my phone when I picked it up below.

TL;DR - Got painted, looks shiny.

m3-paint1.jpg

m3-paint2.jpg

m3-paint3.jpg

m3-paint4.jpg

m3-paint5.jpg

m3-paint6.jpg

m3-paint7.jpg

m3-paint8.jpg

m3-paint9.jpg
I’ve just had another trouser crisis.......

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I love this car, its box fresh now, perfect example IMO.

Id love it will yellow wheels also, but I do have to say it looked its absolute best with the OEM silver CSLs ... but thats just me being a picky picky b**tard lol

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
God they look class without a front plate!

Stunning condition and great to see a car being kept properly!

I salute you sir... (y)

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Spied it on AGs social media. Looks super fresh now. Silver for me too for the wheels but as you say, may as well wait until they need done.

Great work as always by Alan. Painted my Dads Prelude last year!

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
Nothing exciting, but got a couple of small jobs done this week when I was off.

Rear pads were that old they fell apart taking them out.

I've been putting off sorting the rear parcel shelf since I got the car. They fade and turn a purple/grey colour from the sun. A lot of stuff needs removed before you can get the shelf out so was never in a rush to do it. Few coats of matt black have brought it back to life. Gave the speaker grilles a coat of paint too as the aluminium effect had seen better days.

pads-1.jpg

parcel-shelf-1.jpg

parcel-shelf-2.jpg

parcel-shelf-3.jpg

pads-2.jpg

RevT

RMS Regular
It definitely loses the benefit of being a good colour car when the wheels just blend in, need to be silver again. Other than that, the car looks fantastic.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
I loved the chrome grills when it was on silver wheels, but would black help with the shadow chrome? I feel responsible :worried:😂

It definitely loses the benefit of being a good colour car when the wheels just blend in, need to be silver again. Other than that, the car looks fantastic.

If the place local to me wasn't £90 a wheel, I'd have them done silver already. Getting the car up to Polished Alloys is a hassle, but works out a lot cheaper. They'll be sorted soon no doubt.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
If the place local to me wasn't £90 a wheel, I'd have them done silver already. Getting the car up to Polished Alloys is a hassle, but works out a lot cheaper. They'll be sorted soon no doubt.
Did you try gardiners in Magheralin? They did my wheels

Lostinspace

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2
I love this from the OP:

Will be a boring thread no doubt, as I'll not be changing anything more on it. Just the usual, tidy bits up and any maintenance it needs.

One of the best cars in members cars on here, and I love when I see an update! Think the wheels look great in either their current colour or silver to be honest. Silvers stands out more but the current wheel colour makes it look a bit more aggressive.

neil#66

RMS Regular
I like the wheels in shadow chrome, the silver was nice too but think the shadow adds a different dynamic to the car. Great work on all the issues that have came up.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
I know I said I couldn’t justify refurbing the wheels so soon, but I couldn't look at the shadow chrome anymore. It was a nice finish but not on a Silver Grey car. Looks so much fresher on bright silver wheels. The place @trev 1515 recommended did a great job. Didn't know they existed and they're only 10 minutes from me.

Grabbed a few photos last night. Still a few things I want to improve on it, but for the most part I’m really happy with it now.

That's the spending done for a while. The Eisenmann exhaust fund is completely cleared out, so it'll have to wait a bit longer.

silver-3b.jpg

silver-7.jpg

silver-6.jpg

silver-4.jpg

silver-5.jpg

silver-2.jpg

warren

RMS Photographer
Stunning, must say I liked the old wheel colour too but the bright silver is certainly better! Shocked to read its near 150k miles, Id have thought it wouldnt even be half that!