E46 M3

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
been a few OEM CSL boitlids coming up on Cutters recently
One new one went last week for £1800 which was a great price (given what they’ve been fetching)

JT079

RMS Regular
Lovely E46 M3! Just right, all the dirty work will tire you out from the real enjoyments. Just driving them 🤣

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
Have just passed the 6 year mark of ownership with this. Longest I've ever kept a car.

Nothing below is that exciting but I like to keep the thread up to date.

New Trim
Replaced the old faded side grills and rear badge recently. Also fixed a couple of pieces of dash trim that were damaged or scuffed. Handy that all these bits are still available new from BMW.

m3-1.jpg

m3-2.jpg

m3-3.jpg

m3-4.jpg

m3-5.jpg

Rear Lights
Had a few dead LEDs in the left taillight. Ordered a replacement from BMW. Arrived and once fitted noticed it looked a lot darker than the originals. Thought production maybe changed over the years so ordered a new right hand side one as well to try and get a better match. Nope, it arrived but was exactly like the originals. BMW took the darker one back and sorted me out with a replacement in the correct colour. So, 2 new tail lights and fresh gaskets finally fitted after a few minor headaches.

m3-6.jpg

New light on left, original on right. Didn't match.

m3-7.jpg

m3-8.jpg

All sorted second time around.

m3-9.jpg

m3-10.jpg

m3-11.jpg

If you've stuck around and read this far, fair play.

m3-13.jpg

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
Can I ask what the tail lights cost you @mcmurray ? I've a few dead leds on mine too, but assumed they'd be astronomical off BMW!

Just under £200 a side from Cotswold BMW.

Tried locally but Prentice wanted £225 for one.

Dark ones actually look class

Thought the same but it seemed to be a one off. Possibly manufactured wrong. BMW don’t list a smoked/tinted light for them that I know of.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Have just passed the 6 year mark of ownership with this. Longest I've ever kept a car.

Nothing below is that exciting but I like to keep the thread up to date.

New Trim
Replaced the old faded side grills and rear badge recently. Also fixed a couple of pieces of dash trim that were damaged or scuffed. Handy that all these bits are still available new from BMW.

m3-1.jpg

m3-2.jpg

m3-3.jpg

m3-4.jpg

m3-5.jpg

Rear Lights
Had a few dead LEDs in the left taillight. Ordered a replacement from BMW. Arrived and once fitted noticed it looked a lot darker than the originals. Thought production maybe changed over the years so ordered a new right hand side one as well to try and get a better match. Nope, it arrived but was exactly like the originals. BMW took the darker one back and sorted me out with a replacement in the correct colour. So, 2 new tail lights and fresh gaskets finally fitted after a few minor headaches.

m3-6.jpg

New light on left, original on right. Didn't match.

m3-7.jpg

m3-8.jpg

All sorted second time around.

m3-9.jpg

m3-10.jpg

m3-11.jpg

If you've stuck around and read this far, fair play.

m3-13.jpg
Looks tidy as F!!! Nice job!!!