E46 M3

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
A car I've always wanted but never got round to owning.

Took a notion to sell the STI and look for an E46 again. Looked at a few local cars a couple of years ago, but they were at the bottom end of the scale and were rough with poor history so wasn't hopeful of getting one this time.

Picked up this '04 facelift example in England last weekend in a decent colour combo. Higher miles than I'd have liked but service history is all there and it's got some nice bits on it. Nearly new CSL's with Michelin PS3 tyres and the B12 kit.

Silver Grey with black leather, manual box and HK speakers. No heated seats but never liked them in the wife's car so won't be missed.

Will be a boring thread no doubt, as I'll not be changing anything more on it. Just the usual, tidy bits up and any maintenance it needs.

Few photos below.

36104905041_f737b70c3d_b.jpg

36104900971_176f789525_b.jpg

35846550680_f693e36cd4_b.jpg

35433270913_4f23d25253_b.jpg

35433284583_e32eb112ab_b.jpg

36072246872_163a24b36e_b.jpg

35846580040_f1558b3e7a_b.jpg

35433272623_a3c4705bd5_b.jpg

36072250862_4a8285f5d0_b.jpg

35846577500_cc88682daa_b.jpg

Last edited:

mmc01

RMS Regular
I've been looking at these again recently. My old supercharged one is living down the road from me and annoys me every time I see it.

That one looks perfect.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Lovely looking car! They are the best looking 3 series shape in my opinion.
Still hopeful to join the club very shortly, things just arent working out for me between holidays etc!
Have one more or less bought, and the scary thing is I have never actually driven one! Just going by what the previous 330d's i have had and imagination!!!

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Lovely looking car! They are the best looking 3 series shape in my opinion.
Still hopeful to join the club very shortly, things just arent working out for me between holidays etc!
Have one more or less bought, and the scary thing is I have never actually driven one! Just going by what the previous 330d's i have had and imagination!!!

One thing you will find odd if you are used to MSport cars is the steering doesn't feel as weighted in the M3 and doesn't feel as good.

A good mod is to put a clubsport steering rack in.

Lee

RMS Regular
Definately looks like a beauty.

So how does it stack up against the Impreza? Two very different cars obviously but I'm sure a comparison can still be made.

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Really Nice, looks very classy in that colour combo. Def a wise buy too given the current market value direction.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That is fantastic Ryan, looks super clean! Definitely doesn't reflect the mileage.

How does it compare to the Impreza?

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
So how does it stack up against the Impreza? Two very different cars obviously but I'm sure a comparison can still be made.

Impreza probably felt as quick as this but wasn't a nice car to drive all the time like I was doing in it. They're definitely a weekend car I think or they lose their appeal.

Did I see this near Wagamama yesterday evening

No wasn't me.

Stunning, what's it like in comparison to the STI so far? Where'd the sti end up?

Nicer place to sit and it's a luxury for me to have cruise control and sat nav (even if it is old). This doesn't seem as fast till you look at the speedo.

The guy was from just outside Lisburn I think.

How does it compare to the Impreza?

Cheers, as above. This will be a nicer place to be for the driving I do. So far the MPG seems better than the Subaru too.

Steviegsi

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
Get short shifter from a 545I (e60 I think, but google will tell you), and a gearknob from either an e46 clubsport, or an f10 m5. The m5 one maintains the illumination but the gaiter needs a few small mods to fit. Those mods make the gear change much better.

Conor

RMS Regular
Pretty much identical to mine, even have the same tyres! Looks like a lovely example mate. (y)

My wee brothers car doesn't have the HK and the difference is day and night.