E60 5 series Wanted

gsmith

RMS Regular
Anyone know of any? Have a few to go look at this week mostly dealers preferably a 530d m sport lci model must be clean any colour considered prefer no cream interiors though.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Seen that red one looks a nice one with good miles Really want an lci model. @G N K spotted that one but really need someone who can take a trade in incase I haven’t the golf sold by then.
Mine was traded in mate, thanks though
Where did it go mate if you don’t mind me asking incase it comes up for sale.

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Lci is 2007 onwards. I was looking for a 525d lci sport instead of a 320d, but there’s no clean ones around that haven’t been mapped or lowered

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Lci is 2007 onwards. I was looking for a 525d lci sport instead of a 320d, but there’s no clean ones around that haven’t been mapped or lowered
Did you look at many of the 5 series over here? I’ve seen one at a dealers but they’ve had it a while

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Yea they are close to the newer model if I put another 1000 down I’d get into the new model only thing is I want a proper m sport would prefer a 530. There’s a 535 for sale near me low miles think it’s 51k but it’s near 10 grand. 😧

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Did you look at many of the 5 series over here? I’ve seen one at a dealers but they’ve had it a while
I’ve 2 lined up to go and see
Are you talking about the 525d at £5990? They’ve had it since the summer. Seems mental money for a 525

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
No I seen a 530d for sale 09 with 70k think it’s 7 there one car I struggle with value because they all seem expensive

barachello

RMS Regular
Drives
CX5 & A3 8P
I
Seen that red one looks a nice one with good miles Really want an lci model. @G N K spotted that one but really need someone who can take a trade in incase I haven’t the golf sold by then.

Where did it go mate if you don’t mind me asking incase it comes up for sale.

Mine was an 07 520d lci, with 120k.

Traded in to Charles Hurst, went to auction, and bought by BS car sales, but I see it has now sold too.

Not much help, sorry

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
😂😂 hard to find a tighter driving 5 series

Keep an eye on Facebook marketplace as they do pop up cheap every now and again

There a super comfortable car with plenty of power an well spec’d car for their age

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Doesn’t need to be cheap as such iam looking something 60/70k 09/10 but proving hard to find over here ideally trade the gti in to save any messing with cars just go from one to other.

colin84

RMS Regular
Has anyone gone from e60 530d to an f10 520d? Will I end up disappointed?

I know little about them tbh. I believe the early models still have the timing chain issue, but I'm not sure what year it was rectified. Can't say I've ever seen one for sale that said it's had the chain replaced though, but I've seen it mentioned on plenty of e60 ads.

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
Has anyone gone from e60 530d to an f10 520d? Will I end up disappointed?

Not quite. I went from an 2004 E39 530d 5spd auto to a 2015 (facelift) 520d 8 spd auto. The f10 feels faster probably helped by the 8 spd auto box and the fact it has more power than the older 530d.
I’m really impressed with the F10. Driving it is effortless, feels torquey, not a squeak or rattle from the interior, great steering and handling.
I was thinking of going back to petrol as my commute has changed to five miles now but would hate to see it go!