e60 android headunit

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I fitted one into @Brennan ’s 318d, he seems happy with it.

The E60 one seems to be the same unit but just a different surround to fit in the E60.

Seemed a good enough job. Aux only audio would put me off though

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
That's what's bothering me. I can plug the phone into the aux line already but the volume is atrocious. I wouldn't want to spend 300 quid for it to be the same problem.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
That's what's bothering me. I can plug the phone into the aux line already but the volume is atrocious. I wouldn't want to spend 300 quid for it to be the same problem.

Have you tried a different phone and a different aux cable? Just to rule out any faults there but yeah if the aux in the car is terrible the android screen will also have terrible audio.

Although that seems more a fault than anything. The aux in my E92 is really loud and the sound quality is as good as you can expect from an analogue feed.

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Have you tried a different phone and a different aux cable? Just to rule out any faults there but yeah if the aux in the car is terrible the android screen will also have terrible audio.

Although that seems more a fault than anything. The aux in my E92 is really loud and the sound quality is as good as you can expect from an analogue feed.

Seems to a well documented common fault on the e60s. Regardless of phone type or lead unfortunately. Just low volume even when phone and radio volume are up full.

Alexmck

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf
My aux is very low aswell in my e60
Dosent bother me as never use it

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.