E90 Boot Open Warning

RevT

RMS Regular
I’ve an LCI E90 here that’s showing the boot being open on the dash and making a warning sound when moving off.

I’ve stripped the boot down, checked for wiring issues in the join between car and boot and changed the lock mechanism in the bootlid with no luck.

Anyone ever had this problem? It’s becoming a pain in the hole. Online threads all seem to suggest a break in the wiring but I’ve triple checked them visually and gave them a good tug, nothing seems broken.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Happened my e90
Just at the hinge we’re it closes. I had to take all the tape off an there was 2 wires had the coating stripped, an nuts of the wire were on the last few threads

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
I’ve an LCI E90 here that’s showing the boot being open on the dash and making a warning sound when moving off.

I’ve stripped the boot down, checked for wiring issues in the join between car and boot and changed the lock mechanism in the bootlid with no luck.

Anyone ever had this problem? It’s becoming a pain in the hole. Online threads all seem to suggest a break in the wiring but I’ve triple checked them visually and gave them a good tug, nothing seems broken.
Check wiring for continuity with a multimeter rather than visually?

RevT

RMS Regular
OP
RevT
Check wiring for continuity with a multimeter rather than visually?

I haven’t one handy but that is my next plan, just thought I might have been missing something simple.