Ea888 / mk7 gti parts

PieMan1

RMS Regular
As above looking the following
Induction kit
Lowering springs
Any fancy parts really.

Need to pull the finger out and get some bits onto the car!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Are you on owners forums on Facebook? Daily things for sale in the S3/R forums so I would assume the same with GTI

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Are you on owners forums on Facebook? Daily things for sale in the S3/R forums so I would assume the same with GTI
I am indeed. Been looking at a few bits at the moment. After a turbo elbow and hose some people are asking new prices for stuff that's 2nd hand 🤣

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
Pipercross panel filter be of any interest? I've one wrapped in a bag which has only done a few hundred miles. Took it out last year whenever the car was going in for service and never got round to putting it back in again as i've been on the hunt for a R600.

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Just got a ramair drop in filter literally the other day! Always the way. After an r600 myself.

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP
Just got a ramair drop in filter literally the other day! Always the way. After an r600 myself.

Ahh, no worries. You get the odd second hand one in good condition coming up on eBay but the price always ends up going for close to the price of a new one!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo

Have you looked into the Pikey R600? Youtube it, just modification of OEM parts - could do you in the mean time or just keep it like that

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Pikey r600 is just a GTE Grill blank And remove the snow grate? Going to buy a gte grille blank and buy a cheap turbo elbow and pipe. Came to the conclusion that they are all basically the same except for the likes of APR and custom ones

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Pikey r600 is just a GTE Grill blank And remove the snow grate? Going to buy a gte grille blank and buy a cheap turbo elbow and pipe. Came to the conclusion that they are all basically the same except for the likes of APR and custom ones

In my S3, not sure about the GTI, you have this duct at the top of the grill which is closed on the right hand side - you can just remove the duct and open up the right with a drill/dremel/file

Pic below is just an example - seems very farmer this one but you get the idea, I opened mine completely before I got my R600

f00f1ddf38eb72e32d0367f6ef8358c6.jpg

Removal of snow grate
Panel filter upgrade

Thats basically it

PieMan1

RMS Regular
OP
PieMan1
Yes I've seen that before , not sure how I'd feel about drilling my one out , will check and see for spares if they're cheap enough

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Yes I've seen that before , not sure how I'd feel about drilling my one out , will check and see for spares if they're cheap enough

Link to my thread when I did it to my S3