ebay-Can I get my money back

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Emmy

hmm 60 positive feedback, im nowhere near that but i will contact ebay to see what they say! i dont know if its right but if you pay by credit card dont you have a guarentee against damaged products?

Emmy

yeh i used my egg card i think or my mint card, one of the two to buy the amps and it was through paypal.

Calibra

then u should be ok
if u go into paypal and look for there policy on this sort of thing that should set u straight

Emmy

well cant find the guys store anymore so he must have had more than one problems! i emailed paypal explaining everything so fingers crossed!

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Who did you email at paypal..?? Just so I have an idea when I get home..!? I'll PM my email addy so you can let me know any major updates or vice versa.

Porter

RMS Regular
theres a procedure in place to deal with this, safe harbour or something like that,

though when it happenned to me i didnt have any luck and lost 45 quid. - i payed postal orders.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Emmy said:
well cant find the guys store anymore so he must have had more than one problems! i emailed paypal explaining everything so fingers crossed!

its out of ebays duristiction... your screwed to be honest :confounded:hock:

Emmy

hmm thats the thing since i paid credit card there should be someway to get money back i hope, emailed them anyway so see what they say, hopefuly il get something out of it, i got 2 amps for the price of one anyway it would cost £700 for one over here from an authorised dealer, i got two for £700 from an ebay seller so its not so bad cept i dont have any guarentee if this one screws up but the only reason the last one screwd up was coz it had no fans and was defo a refurb and a duff one at that!

The Red

I was readin on another forum of a guy who got ripped off on Ebay. he rang up Paypal, and told them what happened. 2 Days later they refunded his cash to his account, having questioned the seller, and then checking out the parcel reference numbers he give them. The contact number is on the paypal site.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
but why should paypal have to fork out for it, if they dont get it back off the thieving poof? its hardly their fault :?

Dermot

To be a seller on Ebay you have to 'Verify' yourself ... So Ebay and Paypal have every Sellers Contact details ...

Gttc 16 ... Leave it a few more days, But E-mail Ebay mean while telling them about it... If the Parcel arrives then leave Negative Feedback... If it doesnt get on to Paypal and leave negitive Feekback... Usually just mentioning Negative to a seller is enough to get there act together, As there Feekback is there reputation..

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Will email them in a minute. hope to get this sorted soon as I need them mirrors cos the car is being sprayed soon..!!

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Ha ha Skillie. At this stage it feels as if I don't have a car it's been so long..! The only time you'll see it is that little dot in the horizon that just passed you on the Mallow Road..hehehe.
Emailed ebay last night and got a grand long winded letter saying they are checking it out.
For some reason my paypal password ain't working so I'm trying to get a new one at the moment-this work internet is wrecking my head, blocks everything..!! Must get a password to contact them.?

Emmy

well u have to be signed in so they know who you are, i didnt email ebay as i didnt think there woudl be any point, the auction i bught back in january isnt on their system anymore nor is this guys ebay store but the record is on my paypal account and well they are the same company so they can confer with eachother anyway i assume.

Bryan

RMS Regular
I bought a phone off ebay in February and still haven't received it. £58 lost. Paypal couldn't refund it because there were no funds in his account or something apparently. He went to court and everything but I'll not get a penny back.

Also lost £575 a few years back when buying a Laptop off ebay - laptop never arrived either. Still haven't got a penny of that back.

That's those rotten english people for you (esp. those from Swindon).

Emmy

hmm cant be as bad as rotten americans! paypal lose out on money as well so they obviously pursue the guys if they screw them over. I am waiting to hear back from them to see what they say, if i get something out of it great, if not il contact ebay to see what happened with the seller, if they are a decent business as they should be, they should still have a record of every seller esp ones with stores for reference to past auctions!

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Yep, my guy is American too. I'm in contact with another guy over there that bought stuff too, over $500 and it hasn't arrived either. He is well pee'd over it. And more negative feedback was put on yer man last night from another guy. Also found out he has another Ebay ID also and has stuff for sale at the moment so he is around..!! And he also uses this to up his bids to the maximum as he has gotten caught out once or twice and bought some stuff from himself every now and then......sneaky stuff, although if you want a better price you need to be like that..!!

Emmy

ppl use that technique all the time i know ppl who buy stuff from themselves if it falls below what they want for it just to up their ratings.
i dont knwo fi this guy has another account but im sure theyd be able to find out, there are legalities to becoming a seller on ebay and having a sellers account, for example your address needs to be confirmed before you can use your paypal account and so they can chase you up if you screw up.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.