eBay seller - Delightful customer service... how to respond ?

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Spied this wideband on eBay from a breaker in England.

with the description:

Zeitronix Zt2 Performance Air Fuel ECU. Condition is "Used". Dispatched with Other Courier

so with a new one being £250 with all the sensors intact , i figured this must have everything and maybe some extras at £200 second hand,
i pinged them an ebay message to clarify

Hi is this complete with sensors intact and the looms and data cables? Is the screen included and has it been tested and working ok? Anymore pics of what all is included would be great,

Thanks
Simon

and his reply ....

Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 09.38.14.png

I opened it this morning and was just stunned, lol
no idea how to reply, so thought i throw it open to RMS to help me pen a suitable response

bigsigh

RMS Regular
OP
bigsigh
Drives
BMW M2
i read his reply, and then went back read my email, and then doubled checked the advert, was sure i musta missed something , lol, glad its not just me being a big over sensitive softie.

Cant decide whether a barage of abuse, or a nice long informative polite reply , is best
..or nothing atall
ha , nice catch @brendy never even looked at his feedback , says it all i guess

funny thing is , i only need the controller, i fried mine and i have everything else, so it was a sale for him if he was a half decent human and willing to price accordingly

my miss was my mercy here i think

Last edited:

pkn

RMS Regular
Drives
Evora S / 159
Could report him to eBay - they really wouldn't be too happy with someone on their platform being so ignorant towards a buyer. They might take action against his account e.g. temporary suspension.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I’d usually go for a polite reply with an element of abuse.

I definitely wouldn’t be letting it slide though!