Ebay........................

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
It depends very much on what you are buying, i have never paid any duty for stuff i have bought in the US, all packages that have been sent to me including some fairly expensive parts have been marked as gift items and the invoices have been sent separately

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Give it a go, anyway duty is worked out on purchase price so get the invoice made out for as little as possbile, but i bet you don't get charged duty on it anyway.

paddymcc

RMS Regular
Drives
C63
i never got charged for anything ive got off ebay USA yet.

But the exhaust manifold i got was marked as production sample.

W@rdy

nvr been charged for stuff from usa

and i buy most of my stuff ther as it works out cheaper

i.e 256 mb SD card

here

£56

on ebay usa

£28.79

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
Gambit said:
slinky2000 said:
jut think of the postage costs too

wha??

obviously he is takin into the postage costs as it states it at the end of each ebay auction item

p&p aint as bad as you think to & from the states

why did u sak what then answer the question.

I was just thinking of it, not sometihng small, I was thinking of soemthing big like a bodykit or sometihng its bound to be slightly expensive

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Postage from the US is cheap, i know these are small items but i bought Autometer Carbon Fiber Gauges from the states for £16 each including delivery, i used BUY IT NOW and received the items in 4 days, The same gauges across here would have cost me at least £40 each and delivery time would have been much the same if not slower.
Its considerably cheaper buying from the USA rather than Rip off UK

slinky2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta ST
Gambit said:
slinky2000 said:
mate if u dont know what I'm talkin about maybe u need to go back to school

in short, if you have ever used ebay then you wouldnt have made your initial comment

I have, listen, did you ever think that the postage costs shown would have been to post to america and not actually to the uk?

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
it usually says worldwide shippign on it and costs

or else i am getting confused at what is going on! :laughing:

pablo

RMS Moderator
it doesnt always say the costs for postage in advance so be careful some traders try to rip u off.

as for duty I have to pay it sometimes with USPS (usa parcelforce) and always with ups/fedex.

normally is £15 or so handling fee + vat on the TOTAL price inc shipping.

Emmy

if the person ur buying it off is nice enough u can get them to mail the invoice separately and mark the item with a low value and thats how you avoid a big tax bill! not by marking it a gift as anything over the value of about £25 cant go untaxed thats a fact AFAIK as i found that out from the uk website for your taxes and stuff. fedex is fast but you will get a letter a few weeks after recieving ur item for taxes as i discovered after importing my subs. watch parcel force as they will charge u a hefty handling fee if the item is large and heavy! in fact sometimes they dont care even if its small they wills still charge you a handling fee.

pablo

RMS Moderator
afaik the handling fee is the same for all parcels.

so if u get hit for tax then the handling fee is slapped on too :worried:

mostly they get thru tho with no tax.

Alpha98

Drives
Golf GTI
cant be arsed readin all this but ill add something tha prolly doesnt matter... if yer buying a PC Monitor from the USA u dont pay duty/tax on it, theres other products aswell, u can get a list if ya search google or whatever.

The Red

I tried to read some this thread, but most people seems to lack an ability to spell and communicate effectively.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.