ECU repair

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
Is there anywhere local who can check and repair (if it quit) an ECU. Looks like the Defenders has packed up. I believe it was originally ALIVE tuned but not sure so no idea if that makes a difference.

Ta in advance, Stu

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
I know they aren't local but if you don't get sorted out ECUTesting did a really quick turnaround on the EPS module on my z4. It was tested and back to me in 4 days

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Why do you believe it is dead ?

ECU doctor is one, BBA Reman is another, both in England. I'd doubt there is anywhere here that can test them

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
OP
Maranellohouse
Drives
Italian
Thanks guys for the input. The update is I thought long and hard about ringing the people mentioned but in the end contacted ALIVE tuning since the car was originally tuned by them. Got talking to a guy who really knew his stuff right down to being able to tell me what colour Samco hoses the car should have. He was telling me that the NNN500020 ECU's as fitted to TD5s were very poor and gave a lot of trouble, going through the Landrover forums definitely confirmed this. So Long story short he is personally going to look after my ECU. If its not defective he's going to update the software to the Latest mapping all for £75. If its faulty but can be repaired, it will be, again with the most recent mapping and if its completely buggered he will provide me with a replacement and have it completely updated to stage 2 tuning and I'll be looking at 200 plus BHP and the thick end of £800. Either way I'm going to end up with a much more reliable ECU and it will stay ALIVE tuned. I think its the best move considering everything.

Thanks again all