Electric car range test by Carwow

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
CO2's less of a big deal, even if it is what the muppets are mostly crying about these days.

The real time bomb will be what to do with the old batteries.

Although they do keep crying about everything other than themselves emitting co2....

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I was interested in leasing one of the new Skoda Superb iV's when my current deal finishes. I'm currently paying £235 pm with £2200 up front - the iV is working out at just over £1500 up front and £500pm. No incentive at all for me to change to that when I'm currently doing early 40's to the gallon. Cost difference is somewhere around 4k over the 2 year period, so I'd never recap that in fuel savings.

leek9

RMS Regular
Drives
GTR FD2R SiR
The £48k Tesla may have went the furthest but the Kia wins on principal, given that its £15k cheaper and it can do 4miles/kwh versus the Tesla doing 3.7miles/kwh, so its more economical.

Arfur

RMS Regular
Drives
ST170/Passat TDI
Although I accept this is the way things are going part of me feels genuinely sad about the death of the petrol and even diesel engine.
An older amg E class pulled into a petrol station I was delivering to in portadown this morning... he gave it some beans when he pulled out. It sounded incredible, absolutely glorious.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Although I accept this is the way things are going part of me feels genuinely sad about the death of the petrol and even diesel engine.
An older amg E class pulled into a petrol station I was delivering to in portadown this morning... he gave it some beans when he pulled out. It sounded incredible, absolutely glorious.

They're not dead yet...not even close.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
They may plan to not Make any new ones, but it’s very likely that classics will get some sort of exemption as they make up such a small proportion of cars on the road and pollution. Going by what I’ve read I would be 99.9% sure they aren’t going to start sending historics and classics worth huge money and enjoyment to their owners, to the crusher when 2040 arrives. It’s also highly unlikely that they 2040 target will even be met. There will have to be a long phasing out period as well.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If everyone stopped buying petrol and diesel, the government would utterly **** its pants. Billions in revenue lost. No matter how much they want to pretend to lick the arse of these delusional climate assholes....they arent producing a revenue stream to run the country.