electric window motor wire

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
does anyone know if i can jus buy the wire needed for the electric windows of my hyundai,the old wires are rusted and tangled etc.i dont wanna have to fork out for new motors if i dont need them.
Thanks

RMS_Ken

RMS Regular
Your best bet is the scrappies, used to have an old Pony myself and all 4 windows went with in a couple of months.

You have to replace the whole unit as far as I remember but once you take the door card of it was handy enough just a few bolts to undo.

If its the same as the units in mine the wire was all one (bit like the break wire on a bike) and they completly frayed into bits, and cant be replaced separately.

I priced a new unit it was between £50 - £100. that was about 4 years ago tho.

GT_MAXER

RMS Regular
OP
GT_MAXER
90 quid for a unit from hyundai,fake off.no way so ill try the scrappies again,but wen i went last time they wer buggered too...

RMS_Ken

RMS Regular
Yea, its prob hard to find a decent one as the units are complete pieces of sh1t, I was lucky cause I was working for Agnews Recovery at the time and the had an identical one sittin for the breakers with 4 mint winders in it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.