Electricity tariffs

davyk31

RMS Regular
Read online about people in England having tariffs that cost 4p per unit so they can charge mega cheap. I’m with Power Ni at about 17p at whatever time and whenever I take a quick look around I never find anything much better. Might go for an EV soon for the daily and the cheaper I can get the electric the more the sums to swap will make sense

What is anyone on here on and any downsides to a cheaper tariff or supplier?

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Electric Ireland NI day/night has approx 18p day and 9p at night. Leave car plugged in and set timer.
Something similar to Economy 7.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
That electric Ireland night tariff doesn’t sound too bad as currently I’m on about 18p day or night with PowerNI. Have also registered from the other link above to find out more on their new electric car tariff.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
I got the solar panels when ROCs were on the go 8 years ago and have now got another system on the garage with solar batteries; great job.

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
That electric Ireland night tariff doesn’t sound too bad as currently I’m on about 18p day or night with PowerNI. Have also registered from the other link above to find out more on their new electric car tariff.
Me too. For all the electric I use to charge the car the savings aren't great by the time I pay the standing charges for the lower tariff.

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Rocket RX
im on PowerNIs Economy 7 tariff for the i3, 9p after midnight. Most of the time I charge it at the Girlfriends off her solar however