Electricity tariffs

davyk31

RMS Regular
Read online about people in England having tariffs that cost 4p per unit so they can charge mega cheap. I’m with Power Ni at about 17p at whatever time and whenever I take a quick look around I never find anything much better. Might go for an EV soon for the daily and the cheaper I can get the electric the more the sums to swap will make sense

What is anyone on here on and any downsides to a cheaper tariff or supplier?

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Electric Ireland NI day/night has approx 18p day and 9p at night. Leave car plugged in and set timer.
Something similar to Economy 7.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
That electric Ireland night tariff doesn’t sound too bad as currently I’m on about 18p day or night with PowerNI. Have also registered from the other link above to find out more on their new electric car tariff.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
I got the solar panels when ROCs were on the go 8 years ago and have now got another system on the garage with solar batteries; great job.

Ciaran

RMS Regular
Drives
i3 REX
That electric Ireland night tariff doesn’t sound too bad as currently I’m on about 18p day or night with PowerNI. Have also registered from the other link above to find out more on their new electric car tariff.
Me too. For all the electric I use to charge the car the savings aren't great by the time I pay the standing charges for the lower tariff.

2.2_Coupe

RMS Regular
Drives
amps/volts
im on PowerNIs Economy 7 tariff for the i3, 9p after midnight. Most of the time I charge it at the Girlfriends off her solar however

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Just a heads up that power ni’s ev tariffs come into effect next week.
EV nightshift paid monthly seems to be the way to go:
FA93D711-0B30-40CB-BEA1-CAA3E8FF19EF.jpeg

71C485FA-1961-4C2C-A686-D008B788E20F.jpeg

48C757E0-544F-45A0-8ECA-E17D68AF7751.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Anyone with Power NI for their EV tariff? Currently with SSE on a 24 hour meter. Their only option is to move to Economy 7. Is Power NI Nightshift the way to go?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Just moved to SSE Economy 7

19.2p day rate
10.54p night rate

Standing charge 10.22p per day

Night rate is 1-8am winter and 2-9am summer.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

19.2p day rate
10.54p night rate

Did you compare this against Power NI @Coog ?
I’m with SSE (awaiting callback as I’m out of contract) to see what they can offer. If I stick with them then I’ll need a meter swap for Economy 7

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Did you compare this against Power NI @Coog ?
I’m with SSE (awaiting callback as I’m out of contract) to see what they can offer. If I stick with them then I’ll need a meter swap for Economy 7

Slightly cheaper than PowerNI but not by much. Getting a new meter installed this week then to figure out how to get charge scheduling to work. It should in theory half our charging costs.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
Slightly cheaper than PowerNI but not by much. Getting a new meter installed this week then to figure out how to get charge scheduling to work. It should in theory half our charging costs.
May not be worth me switching then.
Will see what they come back with. Home charger isn’t going in until 11th Feb and the Mini app isn’t working so I’m stuck with the granny charger and the same price all day

Ghost

RMS Regular

19.2p day rate
10.54p night rate

That's what we have switched to. Waiting for a meter change. Can't wait.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
Anyone with Power NI for their EV tariff? Currently with SSE on a 24 hour meter. Their only option is to move to Economy 7. Is Power NI Nightshift the way to go?
I am with Power NI EV nightshift currently and like the idea of all my electrons coming from renewables but tbh I have been with all of the providers and change every year depending on who has the best E7 type deal.

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
Can someone explain the standing charge to me, is this the minimum you pay per day? Or is on top of what you use everyday regardless?

Have an EV and looked at PowerNI's EV rates which is basically a rebrand of their also still current Economy 7 unless I'm missing something?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Have an EV and looked at PowerNI's EV rates which is basically a rebrand of their also still current Economy 7 unless I'm missing something?
The only difference is that EV tariff is generated from green electricity, price is the same.
Can someone explain the standing charge to me, is this the minimum you pay per day? Or is on top of what you use everyday regardless?
Yes you pay the daily charge regardless.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Yes I’m on it. Can’t complain.
If you do it monthly direct debit and go online / paperless you’ll save even more.

Had to laugh at the woman from Power NI saying how I should think about doing the other power intensive things like the tumble drying / electric showering at night.

Aye, I love getting up at 2am for an aul shower and to dry the clothes love.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
If you do it monthly direct debit and go online / paperless you’ll save even more.

Had to laugh at the woman from Power NI saying how I should think about doing the other power intensive things like the tumble drying / electric showering at night.

Drying I can understand but shower? lol

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf

We set the washing machine and dishwasher to come on about 6am in addition to the car being charged overnight but showers a bit much! I spread the cost of mine over the year so I have the same monthly payment regardless of what I use and they review it regularly.