Emissions control system light

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
2015 audi A6

I've only had it about 3 weeks and it's the 2nd time now the light has came on. I'm thinking it's related to dpf?

First time I took it a good blast down motorway in 4th which cleared it for a couple of days but now wife has said its back on again.

Any ideas?
I've never had a car with a dpf before so I'm assuming it's the short journeys my wife does that could be causing a problem.

I rang audi who I bought it off and they told me to do the same thing as I've already done but prob need it booked in for a scan to see if anything else is causing it if it's going to keep coming on

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
You need to get a fault code read to understand what the system is telling you

What is your typical journey style?

bora-gav

RMS Regular
OP
bora-gav
Drives
VW/SKODA
Wife drives it, usually town driving or to and from work (9 mile each way)

I've been avoiding cars with a dpf because it doesn't do long journeys and I didn't realise this one had it untill we picked it up

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Pretty much any diesel from 2009/10 or so will have a DPF - yours being 2015 may also be EU6d compliant which typically increases engine out soot as a trade off to NOx

As mentioned the first thing is to get the codes read - a generic OBD reader will do the basics and at least help to confirm if it’s a DPF warning and also if there are any other DTCs contributing

What speed are the 9 mile journeys at? If decent speed then they should be OK but if it’s all stop start and slow then it’s going to struggle