Endsleigh car insurance ....beware

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tedtiler

RMS Regular
Drives
St246 caldina
just a heads up on what this crowd are up to . My dad has a 1.3 Corolla and paid 183 quid last August. No points and decent no claims. Just bought a Honda Jazz for 900 quid to change to. It's a lower insurance group.

I expected a minor fleecing changing it over to the jazz(admin fee etc) but they actually wanted another 373 quid to change over. Said the controls are different and he might get confused and crash it. Rang a couple of times and they weren't for backing down.

But I could have another whole years insurance for 370 -wow

So to cancel and bring his no claims somewhere else there was fees galore ended up getting 18 quid back to cancel

Just got a years off direct line for 240 quid.

Found this behaviour mean and unbelievable. My house insurance is with Endsleigh and they will loose that too. Please make me feel better and tell anyone you know about this!

Raymond, east Belfast

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
Had the same crap from Admiral a few years ago. Tried to tell me that you are not used to the car etc and statistically you could crash it in the first six months etc. Demanded to speak to a manager and they backed down.

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
bunch of feckers my son gave 2.8k for first year in a car, someone backed into it and drove off wrecked it creased the rear quater ect was cheaper to replace with an identical car down to the very colour and had near on 20k less miles made sense or so we thought rung endsliegh to change over the day he sold old car on for parts ect>>>£500 pound dearer and wouldnt co operate in any matter just kept saying "insurance rates have changed" he eventually gave in and paid near enough that sum with a little discount as was off the road near 10 days was bursting to get driving again

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Got their arm stuck into me several years ago when I bought the ST. I rang before buying the car to get a quote, told me they couldn't insure me at all as I was under 25. I asked if there would be fees for cancelling, they said no because they couldnt quote me at all so it was essentially an issue on their behalf so it would be fine. So I was given no choice to pursue other companies. When I rang to cancel then, they miraculously could insure me for an extortionate price, which meant they could charge me fee's as I was now cancelling the policy and they had given me another option. After several phone calls which also cost me the guts of £30, I finally got a small refund.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
To balance things out a little they handled a non fault claim for me very well and had me back up and running in a few hours. I only moved away because I was able to get back in with greenlight again, who wouldn't cover BMW (which was written off) but would cover the MINI.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
I'm with direct line this year too
Rang them on Monday to change over to the vrs and expected to pay them silly money to do so,couldn't believe it was only £13.89

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I was with them for two years many, many years ago, they managed to lose 1 year of my NCB. Also 6 months into the second years insurance I changed cars. I paid the difference in premium and that was that. The following year I went with a different company and they would not provide proof of my NCB, because I had failed to pay a £25 admin fee for mid term adjustment when I changed cars 6 months earlier . I had never been told I had to pay it nor had I been chased for it during the previous 6 months

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.