Lights front tail and brake
Speedo
Horn
Sidestand (Switch not required)

Last edited:

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
i mot,d a bike last year on a daytime mot, no lights required even a brake light,as the regs changed in April 2018 . all you need is a number plate a horn and speedo thats it, no chainguard required either unless you have rear pegs fitted.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
i mot,d a bike last year on a daytime mot, no lights required even a brake light,as the regs changed in April 2018 . all you need is a number plate a horn and speedo thats it, no chainguard required either unless you have rear pegs fitted.

Is it still true that if you have a front light you must have all the lights. All or nothing

john-c

RMS Regular
OP
john-c
After much faffing about I finally found an Enduro with a V5 that I was happy with, bought of a South Wales offroad shop and arrived today.

Really happy with it but it does have one issue, the rhs fork seals are kaput. Forks are WP, 39hrs on the bike so I'm thinking it probably makes sense to do both sides. First thoughts are Laurence Spence or Stephen Russell (Both very handy to me) Any other suggestions, thanks?

Last edited:

Dave..

RMS Regular
After much faffing about I finally found an Enduro with a V5 that I was happy with, bought of a South Wales offroad shop and arrived today.

Really happy with it but it does have one issue, the rhs fork seals are kaput. Forks are WP, 39hrs on the bike so I'm thinking it probably makes sense to do both sides. First thoughts are Lawrence Spence or Stephen Russell (Both very handy to me) Any other suggestions, thanks?
Lovely looking bike.

Dave..

RMS Regular

Did you have to blank off the handlebar switches?
I have a classic trial bike that I may keep and would like a daytime mot.

FB6FC614-CCC1-48CD-A025-AF73D9936CA0.jpeg

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000

Really happy with it but it does have one issue, the rhs fork seals are kaput. Forks are WP, 39hrs on the bike so I'm thinking it probably makes sense to do both sides. First thoughts are Lawrence Spence or Stephen Russell (Both very handy to me) Any other suggestions, thanks?

Have you tried cleaning the seals, I have this tool for my motocross bike and I swear by it. Sometimes the dirt gets lodged in a way that leaves the seal open lets the oil escape. Either way if the seals are done its not a big job. You must be close to me, im around comber direction.

ilovequo

RMS Regular

Really happy with it but it does have one issue, the rhs fork seals are kaput. Forks are WP, 39hrs on the bike so I'm thinking it probably makes sense to do both sides. First thoughts are Laurence Spence or Stephen Russell (Both very handy to me) Any other suggestions, thanks?
Fantastic! Carb or injected?
Love that Ktm are investing in 2 strikers again...
Would be asking for a bit of a luck penny back from the dealer if it’s atrived with fork seals needing replaced straight away though...

john-c

RMS Regular
OP
john-c
Its a 2016 EXC200, carb as this was the final year of the 200 and TPI wasn't a thing yet.

To be honest from all points of view the dealer was great (Still sent the bike without having confirmed payment) so I'll not be chasing him. Next month I'm off to the IOM for a few days on the trails & green lanes so I want it to be right, Laurence is doing both forks for me next week. Capt Scarlet's seal cleaner looks a handy device, I'll get one of those some time.