Engine carbon clean ni

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Porter

RMS Regular
anyone heard it had any experience with this outfit?

From looking at their fb page it seems impressive and on the verge of giving them a shout but just wondered had anyone any experience of them up to now??

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    477.5 KB · Views: 157

pablo

RMS Moderator
I like how they show a direct injection RS4 on the pic.

assuming its the regular terra clean type outfit and not proper manifold off and walnut blast type thing.

Dan.86

RMS Regular
I had it done to my diesel A3 last August and it made a noticeable difference to power delivery, smoothness and pick up.

It's different to Terraclean in that it uses gases to burn off the deposits and this gas continues to works days after the service is complete. I'm not 100% on the technical elements but I was impressed with the results. The guy carrying it out was sound also.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Does it work with Direct Injection cars?

Yes it does.

Does it clean the inlet manifold on direct injection cars?

It cleans the air ports to it but can’t be sure how much carbon is there beforehand. The procedure will have a cleaning effect to some degree, but some residual carbon may be left depending upon the level of build-up.

Typically with a direct injection car, especially a VW/Audi FSI engine, then the engineer may split the process into two cleans, punctuated with a spirited drive in between to remove as much as is possible.

c_rad

RMS Regular
I had Darren carry out a service on the Signum, massively improved the cars performance and continued to feel more responsive over the next week or two after the clean.
Worth it for me, though I know some people who noticed no massive changes too.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Having just taken the inlet manifold off a 117k mile mk5 gti, scraped then mr muscle'd the carbon build up, only for ther still to be some left, i'd question how effective these treatments are.
Has anyone ever taken an inlet manifold off inspected the insides, put manifold back on, carried out a treatment, then removed the inlet again to inspect how much has been removed?

#Snakeoil :p

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Having just taken the inlet manifold off a 117k mile mk5 gti, scraped then mr muscle'd the carbon build up, only for ther still to be some left, i'd question how effective these treatments are.
Has anyone ever taken an inlet manifold off inspected the insides, put manifold back on, carried out a treatment, then removed the inlet again to inspect how much has been removed?

#Snakeoil :p

I'll take my placebo over manual labour anyday

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.