Engine revving

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

rugrat

RMS Photographer
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
At the Extreme Power Show I had an interesting conversation with Nick (Yaris WRC) about engine revving. Why do fellas sit and rev their engines at car shows? Nick had some very erm interesting answers ... let's hear yours :lol:

veedubboy

RMS Regular
PS Its usual cars with 12v engines or a car with a baked bean tin for a back box that sounds like a wet fart

B A Baracus

RMS Regular
Drives
Fergie TVO
rugrat said:
At the Extreme Power Show I had an interesting conversation with Nick (Yaris WRC) about engine revving. Why do fellas sit and rev their engines at car shows? Nick had some very erm interesting answers ... let's hear yours :lol:

FBI are still investigating this LOL

rugrat

RMS Photographer
OP
rugrat
Drives
Leon FR 2.0TDi
Yaris WRC said:
MAX has a good an answer as any rugrat. 8)

There are many things that would pull a crowd, doesn't mean they are good :p

So, Nick, what were your answers again? :p

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
-that we rev them to show how tuned or powerfull the car is
-its letting others know how big their manhood is if its a loud exhaust
-to entertain people

:laughing:

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
always good to give her a start every now and again if uve got a sound system beating, would be rude not to give the exhaust a wee blat while ur at it :p

D4LY

RMS Regular
Drives
HOME ON A BOAT
the r always cars with about 50 bhp and sound like *** all lol

Siilver

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Polo
hell if u got a big mad engine
hell ya show it off

but if u got a wee un with a sport backbox
please dont

brendy

RMS Regular
ALL FART AND NO ***** !!
Ive come to the conclusion its an age/engine size related thing. You dont see many 30 year old fellas with skylines knocking the pans of their expensive motors.

brendy

RMS Regular
damn right, i dont fancy replacing my engine after revving the tits of it from cold. about 2 and a half grand for the bare engine! hmmm nah ill just sit and listen to my tunes thanks all the same!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
Drives
911Turbo
brendy said:
ALL FART AND NO ***** !!
Ive come to the conclusion its an age/engine size related thing. You dont see many 30 year old fellas with skylines knocking the pans of their expensive motors.

There was a nice older chap in his porche revving it at the PCC show. And how damn good did it sound. Then there were loads of other eejits in underpowered car's reving and sounding pants!

Keith

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.