Engine revving

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
brendy said:
ALL FART AND NO ***** !!
Ive come to the conclusion its an age/engine size related thing. You dont see many 30 year old fellas with skylines knocking the pans of their expensive motors.

:?: there was a guy revving the tits of his Ferrari 360. work that one out.

also at the extreme power show there was a guy in his R33 skyline revving his engine :?:

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
revving a ferrari 360 can not be compared to revving a Yaris though!! No matter what you have done to the engine!!

MR2 super GT

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk2 TTRS
i didnt say that. i dont think there is anything wrong with a few revs here and there if your car is tuned etc

Sir Sax

Drives
vts
here we go, nobodys fooled!! We all know its just a bunch of c0cks that sit and rev their motors in carparks/wherever.

Pointless chit! Teenagers must be the majority followed by a few older knuckleheads!

Emmy

its pointless unless you have something to show off why bother? big deal you can rev your car to the limiter and probably ruin the engine in the process, if all you have is a dopy corsa with no engine mods please dont!

revlimiter

RMS Regular
rev limiter is there to protect the engine from over revving so unless ur running serious miles your not going to damage it

Emmy

doing it from cold isnt the best though and sure revving it to the limiter alot wouldnt be the best for the throttle?

B1 MBO

Drives
Ford Fiesta Mk6
i could rev my wee 1.25 fiesta but i like the way its really quiet! dont see the point in people with wee cars doing that cos it just makes me laugh!

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
pretty pointless really.... Wreck your engine and look like a knob. Never rev'ed mine a standstill since i've had it!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.