Engine's Finished (pics)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
bigal said:
that is the dogs, hopin 2 get rid off my corsa sport for a nova still not sure wat one to get.. 1.3sr,1.4sr,1.4 sri :?

Your preference shouldnt be on finding a 1.3sr,1.4sr,1.4sri. It shouldnt even be on colour.

Just find the cleanest one you can, as that will be a hard task in itself! They are Very rare without rust etc..

I'm a bad example tho, since i've managed to source 3 mint ones, only took me 4 years tho!

Keith

Siilver

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Polo
i dont have a clue what anything is there on the pics
but **** it looks nice

bigal

RMS Regular
Drives
Omega MV6 non-pl
i just want something to do a bit of work on, whereas the sport came with 30k and was mint so no real fun of doin her up, novas are also tasty as *** lookin, cant wait to see urs when shes finished, by the sounds of it, she should be quite a weapon :laughing:

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Should be good for over 100bhp (72bhp standard). I'll find out once its all finished and run in. Stevens going to take it to get tested on very accurate rollers!

Should have a nice torgue figure too, the 8v's have more low end torgue than the 16v vaux engines. I'm also running a 4.18 crown wheel and pinion in the gearbox, which will help it up through the gears, tho the top end will suffer!

Its pretty close to a Nova sport setup, altho a bit more modern. The sport hit 60mph in 8 seconds, pretty good for a 1.3!

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Boydie said:
KeithRobinson said:
Boydie said:
id say slighly! :p

wots the badge in the grill of ur car in ur avatar?

Corsa C GSI badge.. Or Vectra C GSI badge. Its now got a new irmsher one, which i might change again lol

is it not a SR?

It was a 1.2i back in that pic! GSI badge was put on just as the New GSI range was launched. Badge looked great so i fitted it!

Its not badged at the moment tho.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
MK3 Lad said:
but it never was or never will be a Gsi?

Nope, it never will. Started life as a 1.2i Merit Plus..

But its now higher spec, in every way, including bhp, than a GSI

Keith

Bryan

RMS Regular
If it was mine (which it wouldn't be because I really don't like Novas - have I mentioned that already :lol:grinning: I'd badge is as a 1.0 litre...

I don't mean to burst the bubble but at the end of the day it's just another Nova with a 2 litre engine. Yes, the engine is shiney. Yes, Mr Gault probably did a fantastic job - but it's still a Nova.

I have to admit though, I love the colour of your Nova Keith - is that original or did you respray it?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
i wudnt badge it at all but also being a nova hater i have to say i really do like this one :laughing:

Jason

RMS Regular
Bryan said:
If it was mine (which it wouldn't be because I really don't like Novas - have I mentioned that already :lol:grinning: I'd badge is as a 1.0 litre...

I don't mean to burst the bubble but at the end of the day it's just another Nova with a 2 litre engine. Yes, the engine is shiney. Yes, Mr Gault probably did a fantastic job - but it's still a Nova.

I have to admit though, I love the colour of your Nova Keith - is that original or did you respray it?
:?: ur eyes painted on?

Bryan

RMS Regular
Should have a nice torgue figure too, the 8v's have more low end torgue than the 16v vaux engines.

Is it or is it not a 2.0 litre 8v? I'm not familiar with Vauxhall engines at all...

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
MK3 Lad said:
but why badge it as so!!

Because it looked like a GSI. Big deal, i put a GSI badge on! Everyone does it, plenty of Replica Type R Civics, GSI Cavaliers running around, all badged up. Dont see the problem with it.

Anyways, that pics near 3 years old now, it isnt badged as anything at the moment, but i'm thinking of badging it OPC (opel performance car) or VXR (Vauxhall Racing)

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Bryan said:
at the end of the day it's just another Nova with a 2 litre engine. Yes, the engine is shiney. Yes, Mr Gault probably did a fantastic job - but it's still a Nova.

Original Colour yeah, LTD editon Merit Plus. Also came on the Luxe plus and some Cavaliers.

Fair play, u dont like Nova's. But your some boy giving them stick when you drive a French car, that eat's bushin's like there's no tomorrow!

Keith

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Keith I think the car is stunning throughout. Even if it looked horrible (which it doesn't) the sheer amount of work that has gone into the car deserves respect. But yes everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think Bryan if you saw the car complete and sitting in front of you you might be slightly more impressed!

Andy

Calibra

good lord

let the fella do what he wants with his engine, i dont see him slagging off yours.......

@ siilver - is that nivermind in ur avatar?

Cormac

RMS Regular
KeithRobinson said:
Fair play, u dont like Nova's. But your some boy giving them stick when you drive a French car, that eat's bushin's like there's no tomorrow!

Keith

I like french cars(306) but love my novas too so what does that make me IoI

Cormac

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Cooper said:
Keith I think the car is stunning throughout. Even if it looked horrible (which it doesn't) the sheer amount of work that has gone into the car deserves respect. But yes everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think Bryan if you saw the car complete and sitting in front of you you might be slightly more impressed!

Andy

Cheers mate :eek:

Pac-Man said:
Keith i think you should put a painted Calor Gas bottle in your boot and you'll have a certain show car on your hands.

lmao... Fake NOZ Rules!

Keith 8)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.