England/Ireland Collection/Delivery

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
Perhaps an idea for a sticky thread.

If anyone is heading across the water or down south, and another member requires something delivered or collected.

One thread where all requests can be entered, quoted for and arranged.

It would certainly help me when it comes to "collection only" purchases and hopefully I could help a few out when I am on my travels too.

I guess the best bet is to have the following as a template for requests

Item size:
Item Weight:
Dates required:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I need a bumper collected in Norfolk (y).

I'm happy to collect any relatively small things (not an engine or chassis!) around the Edinburgh to Glasgow area and wrap them to send home if that would ever be of any use to anyone too.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Good idea. I'll sticky the thread and see if it's used.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
I will be going from Oxford to Holyhead then up from Dublin next Friday in the Saab Bus, so could have some room. Could stop of within reasonable distance from my route as long as I don't miss my boat.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
On the randon off chance someone is taking a vehicle accross the water, I need one collecting and bring back from Scotland

On a more practical note, I'm over to England roughly once a month in a medium sized van...will update the thread when I'm over next

Ge0rge

Banned
On the randon off chance someone is taking a vehicle accross the water, I need one collecting and bring back from Scotland

On a more practical note, I'm over to England roughly once a month in a medium sized van...will update the thread when I'm over next
can you not get someone to drive it to the ferry terminal then get them to put it on as freight?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Anyone in the mainland next week with a Van? might need an Axle collected.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
OP
PeteMoore
had it been this week would have been grand, had a guy over yesterday in an estate car with trailer

ashloys

RMS Regular
Drives
MK4 Supra/Polo
I need a bootlid collected from Portlaoise -> Belfast asap if anyone is coming past that way!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Anyone with a lorry/big trailer that could move paving slabs fore me here?

Bryan

RMS Regular
Just wondering if anyone will be passing by the Huddersfield area in the next few weeks? I might have a Ford Model Y bodyshell to be collected. It will fit inside a large van as it is less than 4 foot wide and will not have any of the front end panels attached although these do come with it but could be placed inside it for transport.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Does anybody have anything passing by Dagenham (rm8-3uh) in the next week or so who can pick up a kitchen sink for me? Its brand new and fully boxed etc so dont have to worry about some bare ass sink knocking about :p

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
OP
PeteMoore
From where to where? PM if you wish.

DBC503EE-00E0-4809-8E5B-8F68E30B3632-7206-000007B5D91831FE_zps8c28b3c0.jpg

Judging by the mess I think he got sorted

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
OP
PeteMoore
Im hoping he is the only guy in the estate man enough to turn the back garden into a parking space !!!!!

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm still stuck trying to get this Model Y bodyshell collected. Anyone know of someone who does mainland trips in a large van/lorry regularly? Jas Lad - any Transit vans coming this way?