England/Ireland Collection/Delivery

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
That’s an awkward one. Try Ady Wilson mentioned in this thread and see if he has any trips that way. @Lyons maybe up that way occasionally?

RevT

RMS Regular
It’s a pity as a mate drove to Aberdeen lastnight and back this morning, thankfully he picked up a set of wheels for me on the way home that I bought a few weeks ago, that a local courier had failed to pick up many times since. I’ll be sticking to mates, people on here and Aidy Wilson from now on for any collections I need.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Can someone point me to a contact for Ady please.

@Trevor. Typical, I asked just a day or two too late and this lady has been speaking to me for a few days but at that stage it looked like a local buyer was keen so I wasn’t rushing on the Aberdeen plan.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Can someone point me to a contact for Ady please.

@Trevor. Typical, I asked just a day or two too late and this lady has been speaking to me for a few days but at that stage it looked like a local buyer was keen so I wasn’t rushing on the Aberdeen plan.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Looking to avoid a trip across to Scotland (Shotts) to collect a pair of fibreglass doors so wondering if there are any estates or vans (would probably fit in the back of a hatchback too) coming back from Edinburgh that could pick them up?
Alternative is a return trip across which I wouldn't mind but obvs handier and cheaper to get them collected.

Robert

RMS Trader
Car transporter coming back from Aberdeen empty next Tuesday 6th July if anyone needs a car brought home.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Balls!! Knew this would happen lol. Booked a weekend return trip with the Mrs and a wee stop off in Shotts to pick up the doors. First night away from home in 18 months so not complaining tbh. Wife isn't phased with the purpose of the trip either so sorted thanks!!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Balls!! Knew this would happen lol. Booked a weekend return trip with the Mrs and a wee stop off in Shotts to pick up the doors. First night away from home in 18 months so not complaining tbh. Wife isn't phased with the purpose of the trip either so sorted thanks!!
Edinburgh? Wouldn’t be going to Shotts for a romantic getaway 😂

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
That'll be a 5 minute stop to collect the doors and then away off to better accomodation!! Not Edinburgh, going back to the west coast as it'll be handier for the boat on Sunday. 👍

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Anyone heading to Birmingham next week? I need a gearbox dropped off.

Or can anyone recommend a courier?

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
One of my best friends looking furniture brought from A storage place in Ayr Scotland brought to newcastle Co Down, has anyone done it recently or can point me in the right direction?

MATT93

RMS Regular
Drives
335d
Anyone heading bedford direction within the next week or two? Looking a front bumper and maybe more brought back.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Did you ever get a courier for the gearbox, I need one collected from Spalding, cheapest quote was £192.
Yeah I was getting stupid quotes as well. Then I realised UPS was only £31!! I made a quality box with 3/4 inch MDF. The thing including gearbox weighed 56kg. They collected it and it arrived 2 days later. (y)
UPS is the same price up to 75kg.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
No way, that's amazing. Problem is I'm collecting it from England. I'll offer him a few ££s more and see if he can box it up for me. The box is 60kg so that would be perfect

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
No way, that's amazing. Problem is I'm collecting it from England. I'll offer him a few ££s more and see if he can box it up for me. The box is 60kg so that would be perfect
It would be cheaper to build your own box. Ship it to him with all the paper work needed inside. Then all his has to do is put it in the box, tape the new paperwork to the outside, and you arrange the collection.
Though he would have to give very specific dimensions. I had fixed blocks inside to screw the gearbox down etc.

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
This might be of use to someone, I can get his number if you need it 6ACDA9E1-8AC5-44ED-97C4-5D1509059D56.png

greyfloppyhat

RMS Regular
Anyone have any luck with moving pallets recently? It's for a set of wheels up in aberdeen area.

Would have used David in the past but it's a bit too much hassle now with Brexit and forms etc

RichyMRX

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86, Nova
Anyone passing Liverpool/manchester/Lymm services with an empty van going back to NI in the next few weeks?