english mots

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

corsaking

RMS Regular
is it possible to get an english mot for a car over here if it has an english reg? were can u get them?

mr_ice_uk

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR TDI
Yes AFAIK, but I think the test is stricter in parts. For instance, here we have only one emissions test. There I think they have 2 or 3.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
You can go to any MOT compliant garage in Engand or Scotland and get the test done for a car on an English reg. You can even take over NI cars to do them; I believe the ferry companies are doing a ferry/mot deal for people who were waiting too long for the MOT centres here after the recent strikes.

Gaz

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
yeah take any car to england to get it done...thats wat i'll b doin wit the starlet fairly shortly all bein well cos apparently they wont pass the diff in it over here :? weirdo's they passed it last yr

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
vza said:
aye,thats true,£10 day trips or something like that plus the cost of the test
Cheaper than payin £80 from the garage down the road from me :razz:

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Your car can get a full genuine mot without ever leaving your driveway. Sweet!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.