English reg to NI reg

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
Bit of the opposite but is it possible to put the original English reg back on a car? ie one that had an English reg, came over here and got a NI reg?
Did a search for the original reg on a reg sale site and it doesn’t come up, curious if it’s ‘kept’ as such against the car

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
it is possible, the last time i enquired they wanted me to pay a transfer fee and put the ni plate on retention which i wasn't prepared to do so that they could put the english plate back on.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Bit of the opposite but is it possible to put the original English reg back on a car? ie one that had an English reg, came over here and got a NI reg?
Did a search for the original reg on a reg sale site and it doesn’t come up, curious if it’s ‘kept’ as such against the car
Yep can be done now a lot easier that everything is now centralised at swansea

If you can get them to confirm (via email) with dvla Swansea that your car/chassis number original reg still exists and is not attached to another car they will allow it to be transferred back to it.

Then when sending in v5 attach the email also as a covering letter.

I done similar with my mk2 golf back when v5's moved from coleraine to Swansea.

It went Eng Reg, isle of man reg, NI reg back to original english reg

thinking back I cant remember if I had to pay a fee or not

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
Cheers Gambit for the info, was curious if it could be done. Was looking at a car which came over here after 9 months and got a NI reg but the English one is quite nice

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Cheers Gambit for the info, was curious if it could be done. Was looking at a car which came over here after 9 months and got a NI reg but the English one is quite nice
Be careful to ask as I think that it the plate wasn't on retention when it goes back onto the car it's non transferable.

DMB1

RMS Member
Drives
Seat Ateca
When I did it a few years ago had the new V5 back within a week

Happy days, sent mines off last Monday with a cover note to get a new NI reg. So hopefully shouldn’t be too much longer then

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Happy days, sent mines off last Monday with a cover note to get a new NI reg. So hopefully shouldn’t be too much longer then
It's like Christmas waiting to see what reg you get :laughing: mate did it not lone before me and got *GZ 2525 or similar